October DYK

iVillage Member
October DYK
Tue, 10-02-2012 - 3:43pm

dyk ok we had like no posts all last month

dyk where is everyone?

dyk come on ladies  lets post

dyk how is everyone doing?

dyk what is everyone's bb's and other kids going out as for halloween?

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
In reply to: chantail
Tue, 10-09-2012 - 3:53pm

Wow , it was really slow last month, huh?  

Hope you aren't feeling as nauseous, Chantail.

Col, how is Jax healing up after surgery?  Sorry about your aunt.

Care, how's it going?  Is it cooling down by now?  

It got cold here!  

Ran my first 5K Saturday and it was 26 Brrrr.  It was a run for colon cancer so I did it for my aunt. She has stage 4.  My uncle has stage 4 prostrate and my other aunt has stage 4 breast cancer.  Seems to really run in my family :smileysad:  Anyway, I got 5th in my age division for females and 31st overall :smileyhappy:

I think Kiara decided oN Strawberry Shortcake for Halloween and Drew wants to be the scary mask guy from Scream 

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-09-2012 - 9:10pm
dyk it was insanely slow, and slow so far this month
dyk not sure where everyone is
dyk still really nauseous...puking lots, had to up my meds...the joys., but dh felt the baby move the other night, which was pretty cool.
oh my goodness, I am so sorry for all of your family your two aunts and your uncle that have cancer.
dyk that is horrible.
dyk I am so sorry.
dyk so happy about your run though, and a great cause.
dyk I am sure kiara will look adorable.
dyk love halloween' and seeing all the costumes.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
In reply to: court296
Thu, 10-11-2012 - 7:11pm
Yay for baby kicks and DH getting to feel it!
Sorry you have been so sick. Ack, That is not fun.
My aunt is having major surgery Tuesday. They are removing the tumors from her bladder, colon, kidneys and all over her uterus and then removing another portion of her colon and resecting it. Then they are going to pump her up with heated chemo and do the "shake and bake" method for two hours, so it will be an all day thing. So invasive. Really scared for her. Her daughter (my 22 year old cousin) already lost her dad to lung cancer :smileysad:
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-11-2012 - 11:17pm
omg I can't imagine what she is going through. to know cancer is everywhere, and then to go operate and cut out everything then shake and bake everything...to have the chemo everywhere.
hope it works and zaps everything and that she does well and feels well after.
I can't imagine what her daughter is going through...horrible.
your family is all in my prayers.
baby did a huge roll tonight...was crazy...nolan I barely fetl move, kenna moved lots, this baby is a whole new story, this kid is crazy.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 11:53pm
DYK hello girls? DYK this new format is weird and I can't see replies? DYK sorry to be MIA but with Jax's surgery and work being crazy haven't had much time? DYK I hope you are all doing well?n DYK I am off to San Diego later this week for work....not happy as I don't want to be away from the kids? DYK I will check back tomorrow so I can maybe see the thread and replies?
iVillage Member
In reply to: cmlisab
Tue, 10-16-2012 - 12:32am

Hi Everyone!

(Pardon the momentary intrusion into your thread) Smile 

I just wanted to let you know that yes, the format switch was made today but as you can see, there have been a few bumps in the transition. Rest assured, our tech team is feverishly working on them as we speak! Most of the bugs have been reported(such as the missing threads) but please continue to report anything and everything- we want to be sure we don't miss anything! You can either post them here or email us at : policy@mail.ivillage.com 

On a positive note, I'm loving the faster loading times! Smile

Lisa 

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-19-2012 - 5:10pm

dyk this new way is horrible...can't see or read anything, can't tell what is new, what isn't new....

argh.

dyk hope your trip goes well col.

dyk hope jax is doing well

dyk don't like this at all....boo...hate that it keeps getting changed.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 10-27-2012 - 10:53am
Dyk - sorry, so behind in everything! Dyk - we kind of did our Halloween already. Nik was a pirate, mikah was a lion & Hadassah was a ladybug. They don't really celebrate Halloween over here. Dyk - update you guys soon! Miss you.

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-31-2012 - 10:18pm
dyk - I am trying to catch up on everything! dyk - I'm just barely threading above the mess called life! :-) dyk - Being away for the month in the states has thrown me for a loop and I haven't been able to catch up since! :-) dyk - Slowly am catching up but it's taking a while! :-) dyk - Doing good....kids all have colds right now which is SO much fun! dyk - We didn't do Halloween because kids are sick but when I take pictures maybe over the weekend they will be a Ladybug (someone lent us the costume), a lion and a pirate. dyk - How is everyone? Miss hearing from everyone!!

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-31-2012 - 10:22pm
dyk - It's finally cooling down....instead of always being in the 80's it's now in the 70's. It's finally getting to be long pants weather! :-) dyk - How was running? Are you still in pain with running? Way to go on doing a 5k and running it for colon cancer! 5th place is awesome! Way to go! :-) dyk - Cute about Kiara being strawberry shortcake. I love strawberry shortcake and I had so many toys when I was her age of strawberry shortcake. How you are doing well!!

Pages