new to this board

Visitor (not verified)
anonymous user
new to this board
Tue, 10-02-2012 - 5:08pm

I just wanted to take a moment and say hi. I am new to this board and a SAHM to 2 preschoolers, a tween, my husband of 18 yrs, 2 cats, a dog and a gazillion fish. I struggle with depression largely due to a chronic pain health condition.Thanks to the same condition I also have a sleep disorder. I also am a SAHM because I can't work because of my health condition. It gets really hard some days, like today. My best friend is going through a really low time and is shutting me out. My husband works 48 to 60 hours midnights a week and sleeps during the day. I spend a lot of time alone. Some days it gets really hard. Most days my depression is in check but some days I just want to cry and cry and cry. So many people don't understand the effects fo depression, fibromyalgia or anxiety because you certainly don't look sick. I am hoping I can find some support and encouragement here as well as offer the same to others. 

iVillage Member
In reply to:
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 7:49am

hey,

welcome to the board. I'm Promise. I am not the CL of this board but just watching over it for our lovely CL Heidi as she is out of town right now. You'll get lots of support here. We also have a Pain Issues Support board, which I do CL :smileyhappy: and there is a Fibromyalgia board as well. Wherever you choose to post, you will be warmly welcomed and supported.

Love

Promise

Community Leader
In reply to:
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 2:01am

Welcome to our board.  I am out of town, but am able to go online at a friends house at this moment.

I read your a SAHM and wanted to tell you that I am as well.  I also have depression.

When I became a new SAHM in October of 2004, I struggled so much with being home alone and depressed.  Hubby worked and I am not originally from this state.  Like you said, I spent many many days and to be honest years at home crying, while my precious baby was sleeping.  I felt so alone and felt like everyone was at work socializing with other adults and I sat home alone while baby was asleep.  It took me a very long time to adjust and accept not going to work any longer.

I am not sure if you are connecting the depression to being a SAHM in your post?

We are here to help and hope you find some support here, as I know I have too!!!!

Glad you found us!

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 8:00am

Hi,

it looks like the other posts have been changed but this one slipped the net. I am sure it will be corrected as soon as possible. There must be gremlins in the system.

I can really appreciate what you are saying about pain and depression as I am severely limited myself by pain, etc. It robs life of all it's joy because our minds say one thing yet our bodies will not obey.

Love

Promise

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 9:49am

I can really appreciate what you are saying about pain and depression as I am severely limited myself by pain, etc. It robs life of all it's joy because our minds say one thing yet our bodies will not obey.

Love

Promise

If that isn't the truth. It gets really hard when I get judged as lazy or unwilling because of it. I don't look sick but I do have this disorder and it messes with my life. Money is tight and I have ignorant people telling me that I need to go get a job and that I am unwilling to do so. Not so. For one, dr says nope for 2 I got let go from my last job because of my limitations. It is something people who don't live with it understand.