Back to Work

Visitor (not verified)
anonymous user
Back to Work
Tue, 10-02-2012 - 6:15pm

I can't believe maternity leave is now over! I had my hair cut and colored last night... and today, I've been going through my closet trying to figure out what will fit and what doesn't. It's a long tedious process.

I need to thaw milk to take to daycare tomorrow and I'm anxious to see how Josh does away from me all day tomorrow.  :smileysad: 

Other than that, I am looking forward to going back to work. I enjoy my job and like my co-workers. That's the positive. 

The negative is trying to juggle pumping with the work day. 

Are you looking forward to going back to work? How are you feeling about it? How are you preparing?

For those who have been back to work, how are you feeling for a while now that you've been back? Is everything still going well?

iVillage Member
In reply to:
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 12:28am

This time I'm really sad to be going back.  I have been enjoying spending time at home with my girls, and I feel like we're just falling into a routine, and now I have to go back to work (I have an irregular schedule, which is challenging), and adjust to having a new babysitter and to me being gone a lot again. At least I sort of ease back into things. October isn't too busy most of the month, and Nov and Dec are short because of the holidays.  I'm trying to stay positive! 

I'm really hoping that once I'm back, I'll be happy, because I do like my job.  It'll just be a big (re)adjustment for the whole family.

pregnancy
iVillage Member
In reply to:
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 10:30am

I went back a few weeks ago. It is okay. I am still keeping up on pumping and since I work three 12 hours, I have a lot of days home with the kids in between. Mason does fine with pumped milk in a bottle and doesn't seem to mind me gone. I am fortunate he stays home with DH during the day which makes things much easier (financially, we cut it close though :smileywink: ). I got a lot of comments the first two weeks about how I had to go back so soon and how I must miss the baby. I know they were saying it out of care and love, but I started feeling bad for having to go back so soon. It was either that or DH would have to go back to work or go into serious debt, and going back just seemed like the best choice. Quite frankly, I love that DH is a SAHD. He is going to school right now and will get a job when he is done, but he is great at home with the kids and the house. I told him he could stay home all the time if he wanted. He has been doing it for 6 years since I became a nurse and we have adjusted to one income. It definitely has it's perks, but I know how hard it is to stay home all day since I did it the first three years I became a mom and don't blame him for wanting to get out of the house and do something. Besides I know he feels like he should earn an income too. Anyway, I am getting off topic. I know what you mean about finding clothes to fit. Fortunately, since I just wear scrubs at work, I don't worry too much about my wardrobe right now. I only have a few pairs of jeans and some shirts that fit right at this time. I lost the baby weight, but it is weirdly distributed and nothing fits right. So glad I don't have to look professional right now. It was hard enough during clinicals to find nice clothes while being pregnant. I do love scrubs! Otherwise, nothing new here. Hope your first day went well.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
In reply to:
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 1:05pm

I don't work outside the home but I do watch 3 kids during the week. I started taking them when Ellie was 5 weeks old. So I've been watching them for about 3 weeks now. Its been going good but we're limited to the indoors most days, which can be a challenge. I live in MN and the weather turned very cool this week and its been very windy as well. The perk is that everyone still takes naps so I get a little catnap in while everyone else is sleeping!

iVillage Member
Sat, 10-06-2012 - 1:05pm

Where in MN Janet? We are in WI so I was just curious. (Feel free not to answer if you are worried it is too personal for the board. We are in a small town north of La Crosse.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 6:37pm

We are in Holmen. Moved from AZ three years ago this month. Though I did live in the Rice Lake and New Auburn area for three years as a kid (age 6-9).

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-10-2012 - 10:25am

I live in a small town just outside Fargo, ND. I'm very familiar with La Crosse as that's where my brother and sister-in-law live! We visit them a couple times a year and LOVE the area, beautiful over there! I'm also familiar with Eau Claire as well...my parents used to tell us stories from when they went camping there! My husband and I both have several family members that live in Wisconsin.

I'm always up for a trip to the cities!