wasn't expecting this so early...

iVillage Member
wasn't expecting this so early...
Tue, 10-02-2012 - 7:37pm

This is a bit gross, but I was wondering if anyone else had really sore, dry, cracked nipples this early in pregnancy (15 weeks).  This is my first pregnancy to come this far and I really didn't expect my nipples to start cracking until the third trimester.  I went out and bought some cream for breastfeeding mothers, and it seem to make it a little better...   Just want to make sure this is normal and not a sign of some type of infection or something.  Oh yeah, and its really only one,  the other is dry but not as cracked and sore.   Thanks.

Community Leader
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 2:32am

I had this too, they weren't cracked but were very dry and I would have white bits in my bra at the end of the day where the skin was flakin. The cream should help, mine has eased for now tho I'm sure it'll be back!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 6:53am
Well last night I realized I was 'leaking' so the cracked stuff was probably just dried up... So gross but pretty cool... As muh as a pain the changes in my body can be they are awesome to see how far I'm coming :smileyhappy:
Community Leader
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 6:58am

It is pretty awesome, your body is getting ready to sustain another human being!

Photobucket