Anyone Anticipating a February Baby?

iVillage Member
Anyone Anticipating a February Baby?
Tue, 10-02-2012 - 8:53pm

My goal is to make it to my March 8th EDD, but I have a feeling she may be a February baby.  I have been on Moderate Bedrest since 14 weeks due to having contractions.  I can't do anything without the contractions starting and sticking around for a few hours.  It really has been HARD so far.  My body is very angry it is pregnant again, and I believe it wants the baby out at the earliest convenience.  :smileysad: 

Anyone else think they will have a Feb. baby?!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-02-2012 - 11:13pm
Hoping for February here! I'm due March 2 and it's 4th baby. Baby 1 and 3 were a week early. Baby 2 was technically 1 week overdue, but I switched doctors in 3rd trimester after moving out-of-state and they adjusted my due date which I think was probably wrong.

There are no February birthdays in our family so I am really kinda hoping for this one...
Proud mama to 3 princesses... Anna Jubilee (6), Sadie Lael, (4) and Abigail Lo
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 12:43am

I'd love a 38 weeker. Just because the surprise of going into labour a little early would be cool. DS#1 was 11 days late and induced. DS#2 was 9 days early but induced for heart issues. SO, having a baby come naturally would be nice. :smileyhappy:

Then again, DS#1 starts preschool at a new school while I'm in my 38th week. That'd be no fun...it's gonna be an interesting ride as it is.

Candice

BabyFruit Ticker
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 6:51am
I think I probably will have a February baby. I'm due march 6 but I have huge babies and my 2nd one got stuck on the way out so they induced me a week early with #3. I really don't want tobe induced again though so maybe I can ask them to let me go naturally! I hope!
Abbie
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 8:13am

It's possible since I'm due March 3rd but all 3 of my boys were late so I'm not holding my breath.  They were all born on Friday's too.  My oldest was born on 3/7.....he thinks it would be cool if his brother/sister is born on his birthday.  Imagine that....my first and last born having the same birthday.  

Who knows....could go early though therefore Febrauary is a possibility.  My 3rd was only 2 days late and he was over 9 lbs.

BabyName Ticker
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 9:00am

I forgot about the huge baby factor.  Mine have gotten bigger as I have them, with DS#3 being 10lbs!  Although he was my easiest to have, the doctor does not want me to have another 10 pounder.  If we suspect the baby will be big, I want to have my membranes stripped, and try other inducing methods before being put in the hospital.  I do not want to be induced in the hospital.  If I'm healthy, and she is healthy, I truly want to go into active labor on my own again!   Yep. I'm sure this will be a February baby. 

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 12:29pm

I don't blame you for wanting them to keep an eye on the baby's head.  That's the first thing that comes out and in my opinion, hurts the worst to deliver.  Your son was a really good size baby, too.  None of mine have been under 8lbs, and the doctor has referred to them as BIG babies.  LoL 

I would love to have a 7 pounder!  Maybe we should all pray for healthy 7 pounders!  I have cute newborn girl clothes I would LOVE to use!  :smileywink:

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 4:55pm

DD was born at 37w 4d, so I'm thinking this way may come at the end of Feb instead of March 10th. I'd like that, then we would share our birth month!

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 9:53pm

My first one was due around 3/8 but arrived in mid-Feb (at just past 36 weeks) and weighed an ounce under 6 pounds, my second was due 11/11 and arived mid-October (at the day before 36 weeks) and weighed exactly 6 pounds..  Both were induced due to preterm, premature rupture of membranes.  I'd love to just go into labor this time, but at the same time labor start to finish was about 4 hours with first and about 6 hours (due to full bladder holding baby in) with second.

I'm kinda expecting this one to come around the 35-36 week point and weigh around 6 pounds as well and since I'm due at the end of March I'm hoping to have one born in the month it was due.

Lisa