Yep, I most definitely have a crush

Community Leader
Yep, I most definitely have a crush
Tue, 10-02-2012 - 10:02pm

He was in part of my (very convoluted, weird, zombie) dream last night.  I think there was making out involved.  Then I took him to meet my dad...in my dad's bedroom, while he was lying in bed (my dad died 8 years ago).  Then I think he was rescuing me from some sort of flood.  He disappeared before the zombies arrived. 

I've thought about him many times today.  Usually I can't wait until Thursdays because it's karaoke night.  This week, I can't wait because it means I get to see him.

I haven't had a crush in a loooong time.  The last one turned out to be married.  This one better not, damnit!

Pages

Community Leader
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 7:02pm
My sister is living with my mom right now. This is the second time he's done this. He gets her all riled up until she snaps, then he lets loose on her. He's a jerk. The good thing is that I'm pretty sure the police know what's going on. I'm planning on going home tomorrow to visit. The baby better be back by then.
Community Leader
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 10:23pm
Some other chick is hanging on him.

I am not happy.

Why does it make me want him more???
Community Leader
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 1:29am

It is the seal of approval from another woman.  He is more attractive since he has other admirers. 2Chicks-Seal-of-Approval240.jpg

Goldfish

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 9:15am

Well, that sucks! 

Community Leader
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 3:38pm

Yep.  There was another girl he was talking to as well, plus a third one was all "give me a huuuuug" before he left, so I think they just are friendly.  Who knows. 

Wanna know what sucks even more? He was getting ready to leave and my girlfriend stopped him to tell him all about her busy schedule and how she wouldn't be there next week.  I could tell by the look on his face that he didn't care.  She had her arm around him the whole time.  He came over to us first, asking if we had sung yet (it was about 10:00, so well after trivia time).  He asked her, then he asked me, then my guy friend.  I briefly tried to convince him to stay, but he said maybe another time. It was the first time he had directly spoken to me, and she completely dominated his attention (or tried to) and the conversation.  I tried to get a word in, and she spoke over me.  He asked me to repeat myself, so I did.  Then she continued on with all the things she had to do next week, and the week after...and the week after...ugh.  She gave him a hug goodbye, standing between us.  He reached out, like he was going to give me a hug too (maybe?) and she wouldn't move, nor would my guy friend who was standing in the way.  He really couldn't, though.  Can we say CLUELESS???  After he left, she went on to flirt with at least two or three other guys.  I think she thinks everyone loves her, so she must pounce around the bar talking to every soul that walks in.  She left me alone at our table for quite some time, so I moved to the bar so I would feel more comfortable sitting alone.  I saw her standing at the door, talking to someone outside.  I assumed it was my trivia guy.  Turns out it was this older lady who we all agree is crazy.  She walked back in with her, their arms around each other like they were best friends.  Then she said, "Sorry- I was detained."  Whatever.  I suppose I could tell her I'm interested in the trivia guy and she needs to back off, but every time I tell her something personal like that she gets all excited that she knows and blabs to everyone.  The good news is that she says she won't be at trivia next week, just there for karaoke, which means she will not be there to dominate the conversation if he comes over to talk.  My guy friend will still be there, but this week he brought a friend (a friend that I suspect was picturing me naked, but that's another story) and they were engrossed in conversation most of the time.  Hopefully he'll come again and I'll get some time to chat with Mr. Trivia. 

The baby isn't back, by the way.  He says he isn't giving her back until my sister "proves herself."  Whatever that means.  They are filing for temporary custody on Tuesday (he doesn't know that), but that just seems like so far away.  He could disappear by then, or forget to feed her, or drop her, or get too drunk to know she's sick...or so many other things.  I was going to go home this weekend, but I changed my mind.  I don't need the stress and anxiety that my mother will cause me over it.  I'm the only logical voice in the family, so I'm just expected to fix everything.  I just can't do that right now.  

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 8:39pm
I was about to ask if she knew you were interested in Leno Jr. You answered my question. I wouldn't tell her either if she can't keep a secret. Hopefully next week you can get in some face time with him without her around.

I don't blame you for laying low this weekend. It doesn't sound like you can do much more than bite your fingernails at this point, anyway. I hope everything goes well with the temporary custody filing.

Pages