Slight panic

iVillage Member
Slight panic
Tue, 10-02-2012 - 10:50pm
Picking up on Worthmore's theme, I had a slight panic just now.

A few days ago I downloaded the Viber app. Goodheart and I are in different countries so it would be nice to call her cell for free instead of always having to call from my landline. Plus I have cousins in the UK I'd like to text.
None of my contacts were on Viber when I downloaded it. But tonight I.downloaded it on my daughters iPod touch and she put our landline as her contact info. It's in my name. She almost immediately got a msg from a guy I used to work with from when I first started in my business (ironically the same month I met xAP 13 years ago). He thought she was me, it was just a 'hey stranger' msg.

What freaked me.out was, what if xAP has not erased my.contact info and he is now on Viber (not unlikely since he has moved to another.country and so was unable to cheaply text his friends and.family here any more).

Maybe he never entered my.contact info after he moved and.got a new phone since, at that time, it was costly to text or call me.

Otherwise, I.must have popped up when.I joined. Ugh. I hate that I even.have to worry that he might respond to that. Or, worse, think that I am fishing.

It has been a couple of days, so hopefully it is.OK and I am not in.his contacts.

Pages

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 11:07am
Oh my heart sinks when I read this kind of thing, not to mention stomach churning. I had read somewhere if you restore your fone, computer to factory settings that would erase a lot of stuff (saving what you want to keep to an external drive first). I guess not then.

It will never truely go away - will it. Sometimes I honestly think I must have taken leave of my senses for that whole time. Thanks RBM for sharing this. It is but isn't good to know.....

Sunny Soon Xx
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 11:00pm
I just realized I didn't think of xAP all evening! Very happy about that :smileyhappy:

Pages