Ayden is here!

iVillage Member
Ayden is here!
Tue, 10-02-2012 - 11:59pm

I popped early ladies! Ayden William-Ali was born on September 29th at 4:21 am via C-section. He weighed 8 lbs and 1oz and came out screaming!! I was so suprised that my body went into labor before my due date, I thought I'd be waiting around and driving myself crazy! On friday morning I woke up around 3 and couldnt fall back asleep, things just didnt feel right, and I started to realize I was having contractions. They were about 5 minutes apart and consistent, so about an hour later I woke up hubby, and we made our way to the hospital. When I got to L&D they were getting a bit more uncomfortable, but manageable, they told me I was only 1-2 cm and contracting every 6cm, so we waited for a couple of hours, walked around and had breakfast, went back, contractions were worse, and still barely 2cm(what?!)  It was about 10am by the timer I left the hospital.They advised that I go home, try to get some rest, take a bath, etc, and if things got worse or I started bleeding to come in. I had already lost most of my mucus plug at that point. The ride home was terribly uncomfortable and things just got worse when I went home. I couldnt sleep because every time a contraction would come, I would be in pain, bath didnt help. certiain positions didnt help, I didnt even want hubby in the room with me, nothing made me feel better. I couldnt have imagined that labor would hurt so bad, and I thought I was still in pre-labor so I started to feel extremely overwhelmed. Around 5:30 pm I felt an urge to bear down, and blood tricked down my leg. I decided I couldnt take it anymore, and began getting ready to leave. The ride their was excrutiating and poor hubby had to listen to me moan and scream the whole 40 minute car ride. Once we were admitted to L&D the nurse checked me and said I was 6-7 cm! I was so relieved I started to cry, and then begged her for the epidural. They got everything going in about 45 minutes and by the time the epidural was administered I was 8cm. I felt so amazing after they gave that to me! Another hour and I was at 10 and ready to go. I had to wait for a while though, because the unit was packed out, and they had a pre-term labor that needed the attention of the nurse. Around midnight I began pushing. They told me that little Ayden was sunny side up but did manage to turn him around some. I figured that I must of been in so much pain because I was experiencing back labor due to his position. After over 3 hours of pushing, and little success getting his head into the right place, the OB advised that I have a c-section. I knew that it was probably for the best, and that baby would just continue to get more stressed the longer we continued. I felt good about the decision. When they pulled him out he was screaming so loud, I couldnt believe my son was finally here! We got home from the hospital yesterday afternoon, and although exhausted and often overwhelmed I am so in love!! The 5 years of waiting and wondering were worth it. 

ayden.jpg

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Community Leader
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 2:36am

What a healthy weight, you two look great together!  Sorry you ended up with a section but I'm sure he was totally worth it. Congratulations momma!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 7:55am

OMG!!! Congrats!!  Ayden, is gorgeous!!

I am soooooo happy for you!!!  :heart:

Kiki (hit my magic age of 45 and no longer TTC),but mom to a beautiful teen DD & 2 angels in heaven & married to my best friend

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 10:23am
Congratulations!!! He's gorgeous!!

Shawn 
Mom to DS, July 2009
Expecting our little girl after three m/c - EDD 11/29/12

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 10:35am

Ayden is beautiful and I'm glad he is here and healthy. I pushed 1.5 hours before my csection and you had 3 hours of pushing...  I thought my 1.5 was long. I am just glad things worked out. Congrats Mama!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 8:43pm
Congratulations! What a handsome little man! And you look great! Enjoy every moment!

Christina

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 9:54am

Jenn (28) & DH Zach (28)
Married 9/24/2005

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 4:12pm
congratulations... you both look wonderful!

Diane

Expecting #1 (a boy!) on January 16, 2013

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 10:43am
Congrats!!!!
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-12-2012 - 7:42pm

congratulations

Pregnancy%20ticker