He's perfect... and I can't have him. :(

iVillage Member
He's perfect... and I can't have him. :(
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 2:29am

I don't often wonder if I'm in love - I see so many red flags when looking at men now - but I think I found the perfect guy for me.  *big sigh* 

He's beautiful (to me) and he's not available.  He's my supervisor at work, which means he's off limits.  I've been fighting this for months and am now just... sad. 

Community Leader

I've been there.  I met someone a few years ago that I thought was perfect for me as well.  He turned out to be married.  As I've gotten to know him better, there are definitely negatives about him that I know I couldn't live with had he been single when we met.  I have to focus on those, and all of those "perfect" feelings go away.

Welcome to the Village! :-)

iVillage Member

Yes, I met such a  perfect man many years ago too. He was my supervisor. Not a direct supervisor, but one level above my supervisor. I thought he was especially friendly to me. Took me out to lunch alone on my birthday. Waitress asked if I was his wife.  Asked me if I though he was old b/c his wife thought he looked old for his age.

I still remember the dream. I was at the beach. He was standing close to the waves beckoning me. However, I couldn't come out b/c there were broken glass in the sand between us.

He's till handsome, and smart as ever, 15 years later. He's a prominent executive (I saw his picture in a paper that's how I know).  I don't know if he's still married but we're not meant to be. Such is life. He's perfect but not for me.

We are not to dwell in the impossible. Love has a strange way of working. It's not our place to force it. It has to come to us.