The beginning of Karen's Birthday Celebration. She turns 35 on the 13th!!!!!!!!!

iVillage Member
The beginning of Karen's Birthday Celebration. She turns 35 on the 13th!!!!!!!!!
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 6:25am
What's what with you? me. Today is a day for shots. I forgot about them till last night. When I get home I will finish packing. Then it is whatever needs to be done around the house. .... Today is a long night, it is reled, It's a nice boring day. I keep thinking there is something else, but their isn't
Photobucket
iVillage Member

ARGH!  I hate Word.  I hate it, I hate it, I hate it.  And I really hate working with someone else's files. 

Last week, this guy came and told me that a manual was ready to be made into a PDF.  He's out of town this week.  I started on it yesterday afternoon.  First think I notice is that some of the numbering doesn't match up.  Like the file name is section 25, but the numbering in the section is 24.  Fix that.  And made PDFs of the 30 sections.

This morning, tried to create the Table of Contents.  Didn't get all of it?  Check the files.  There is no section 22.  Try to figure out what is going on.  Oh, here is part of the problem, there are two section 18s.  Have to hunt down someone to give me an opinion on which one should be 18 and which one should be 19 or something else.  Now more files need their numbering fixed.  And the table of contents is still not working?  Turns out it is a stupid Track Changes glitch.  (I hate Track Changes too).

Next I start running in to formatting issues.  Like paragraphs that look like they are body text, but have a heading paragraph applied so it is showing up in the table of contents and PDF bookmarks. Grrr.  And then when I fixed it in Word and recreated the PDF,  Word decided it didn't feel like creating PDF bookmarks any more.  Seriously?  Piece of....

Karens siggy
iVillage Member
HUGS HUGS HUGS

I so kwym. I hate it when word thinks that it should decide what it should do as opposed to doing what you are telling it to do. so much of it comes from all their preset bs settings! makes me wanna throw the whole computer!

HUGS HUGS
Photobucket
iVillage Member

Wow, you guys are chatty! The OT appt. was good...she released me...for now, I guess. She only scheduled 5 sessions and then gave me a ton of exercises to do. At this point, I am still hurting but at least it can be somewhat bearable. The dr was pretty nice and I actually was treated pretty well yesterday! Everything was quick and nice, which I about fell over about!

I got up extra early today so I could call the other hospital to see if I could get in to the dentist there. They only have a 15 minute window where they take about 35 patients. So at 7:59 I dialed and GOT IN! Tomorrow! EARLY, but that's quite alright. I think they are going to pull my one tooth that is not saveable and *maybe* do a root canal and/or fill the others that need work, but I am not sure b/c I think I heard they don't do "normal" dental work. Maybe they will give me someone who can save the tooth that is hurting right now.

Anyway, right now I am going to scrap. Checking on Cookie and Snowy, as they both decided they wanted to be in the bedroom. I went in there a few min. ago and Snowy was at the top and Cookie at the bottom of the bed. Weird. They fight all the time but will sleep in the same room. Simba is glued to my arm right now but he'll have to lose his spot soon! :smileyhappy:

Then I don't know. Dh is out at his mom's doing stuff, so I have no vehicle at the moment to go get groceries. I better go when he comes back b/c I probably should make sure I have a few mushy foods to eat for the next couple days. I haven't had a tooth pulled in so long I have no idea what will happen. Hopefully novocaine or other anesthesia b/c I really don't like the gas stuff!

iVillage Member
Karen! That last sentence seems so... unlike you! I hate Track changes too. Annoying stuff. Sorry this manual is giving you so many troubles. Ugh.
Michelle
iVillage Member

Lauren I am guessing 'normal' dental work would be cleanings, etc. and that if the tooth was salvageable they would do that. However crowns, etc. are more expensive than pulling a tooth. If there is any question, they may put in a temp filling and see if the pain subsides before making a final decision.

I don;t know if they do it any more, but Loyola has/had a Dentistry school, my Mom went there when we were little for many root canals, because having a student dentist was MUCH less expensive. They are supervised though. The only reason I remember this is we were not behaving in the lobby and had to sit in the room when Mom was having work done. She was NOT pleased so I've heard the story several times! Keep in mind this was 35 + years ago...

Anyway, I hope it all goes well so you are no longer in pain.

Michelle
iVillage Member
why can't AF cooperate with me just this one freaking time? is it really much to ask for it to be early?
Photobucket
iVillage Member
So I planned on being in the scrap corner all day.

Then I realized I had the hair appointment. So I did that.

Then I came home and ate, and was planning on going downstairs to the scrap corner, but my stomach was having issues. :smileytongue:

So I rested on the couch a bit and read. And I tried to take a nap. And then I read some more.

Finally, at 3:00, I went downstairs to start on clipboards.

I have 40, btw. 40 clipboards. ROFL That's just nuts. So I measured, and picked out papers and cut the papers, and put it all away for later. That was all I could handle.

I came back upstairs and ate a little, and am catching up on more recorded TV.

I need to do dishes and get the meatloaf ready for the oven.

Playing it by ear for the rest of the evening.

Gotta feel better tomorrow ... have the funeral, and I have been asked to assist and to sing.

Have a good evening~

&nb
iVillage Member
HUGS HUGS Geo.
I hope you tummy issues disappear quickly!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Well I picked up pizza for dinner.
Smiley and Diva are here.
I am working on a paper right now.

thats all for the moment.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Hugs to you Geo and Stacy. Geo, you did good. Listening to your body is good too :smileyhappy:

I was SO happy with my progress and standing on all my projects this afternoon, then I went and wrote everything on the October Wall Calendar. WHOA. I like it better in a weekly view. The October calendar is almost solid blue pen. Scary.

BTW, if I get papers picked for the rest of my LO's, I will have 36 LO's kitted up. Right now I have photos, sketches & papers for about 17, some of those have embellishments. The rest just have photos and sketches. wooo!

I am watching the debate, doing nails, updating the music on my shuffle, writing a Gardening Club note, and making last minute changes to the bulletin while DH works on a proposal.
Michelle