what are you doing now..?

iVillage Member
what are you doing now..?
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 7:46am

So what are you doing in your Garden now??

As for me ..the veggies are done..ok..jsut the peppers plants are left.  I took out all the other plants and cleaned up the debri...need to till the dirt...rain today..so it will ahve to twait another day.HAHAH  

Flowers...I started cutting back the dead ones...but dont want to do everything yet. I leave the tall grasses all winter long..I love how they look in the winter with the snow..etc..and it gives me some privacy from nieghbors where it is planted ;-)

and you??

Valentine Bingo               

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-07-2012 - 7:08am
LOL the dog !!! well at least some gets a nice garden tomatoe..!!! There were times when i covered my tomatoes when i heard of a frost....this year they jsut "peteed"out too early !

Valentine Bingo               

Community Leader
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 8:18pm

I'm watching a cold front & storm system move in tonight. Temps are gonna plummet.  I hope that my tomatoes (rebounding) will survive, but I need to prune hedges, move some Rose of Sharon, cut back dead stalks of Asiatic Lily, and I need to dig those bulbs up an move them.  Problem?  Not sure where to move the lilies to!  

It will be hot again in a few days, so if the tomatoes survive this little blast, I could get a second crop.  correction...my tomato snatching DOG will get another crop!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 2:49pm
Here in the Northeast...veggies are done for the season...and flowers...anothre month or so...and thát's it till April !

Valentine Bingo               

Community Leader
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 11:42pm

Right now I'm just trying to keep things watered, picked, and deadheaded. We've been having another heat wave but supposedly its ending and we'll get normal temps for a while. Yay!

I should be preparing beds in the back for the cool weather crops and starting seeds, but its been too hot to do anything more than the above. The beds in the front still have stuff growing in them. 

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 11:03am

Brought my eggplants indoors. Will probably tear out teh tomatoes this weekend. DH has been digging and replanting in his hosta and daylily beds but other than mulching, he doesn't do much else there. He leaves the seed heads on flowers for the birds. 

Had teh tree surgeon out yesterday --- our big  three-trunk sugar maple is showing signs of stress and he thinks it's a kind of "canker"/fungus on one of the trunks so he will be back this next week to treat the tree (the cankers have to be cut out). We'll wait to spring to see what limbs died as a result...

The new roof is scheduled to be put on starting October 15 so parts of the garden will likely be trashed with debris from the roof, but that's OK --- that's why we scheduled it for when the garden was "over"...

CL for "