♫♪♫ QOTD for Wednesday ♫♪♫

iVillage Member
♫♪♫ QOTD for Wednesday ♫♪♫
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 8:53am

I went to Kroger this morning and I'm a little bummed to find out that they are not carrying Swiss Miss Pick Me Up's any more.  It's hot chocolate with caffeine in it.  I don't care for coffee and it was prefect for in the mornings and kept me from drinking a lot of soda.

Is there an item you can't find at the store anymore?

Do you use it anymore?

How do you acquire it?  Another store, online, etc?

photo PinkUmbrella_zps59410ee1.jpg

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 9:25am

Hmmm.... The only thing that comes to mind are foods I ate as a kid, loved, and they don't make them anymore.  I would probably hate them now, but I used to eat a ton of Chef Boyardee RollerCoasters.   I loved that stuff.   It's been discontinued for years.  Yes, I signed the online petition to bring them back years ago.   I even mailed Chef Boyardee to complain.   I got a "we're sorry" letter back with some coupons.

I also loved iced raisin bar cookies.   Why, I have no idea as I hate raisins.  They were in rectangles, with white icing on the bottom and thin stripes of icing on top.   I have looked and looked on the Internet and can't find them.   I have no idea who made them or what the real name was.   But I loved those cookies.

photo BeachChairsRed.jpg

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 2:11pm

A certain brand of   bacon and sausage isnt sold here, does  appear  once in a blue moon and then I buy and stock up.

Also there are some types of candies I cant get hold of any more, the stores dont carry them anymore  but I have found them on line.

Susan, aparently Swissmiss doesnt do the pick me up anymore.

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 12:09pm

Is there an item you can't find at the store anymore?

Lemon Coolers by Sunshine
Lemon Coolers.png

Another company started making "Lemon Cookies" and while they may look the same... they do not taste the same, sad face!

LaVictoria Salsa Brava

I find it funny that I found this picture on the Walmart website but nary a bottle at any of the 3 Walmarts that are in my town.  Nary a bottle found at any local Kroger or Meijer stores either.

Do you use it anymore?
I would get the Lemon Coolers in a heartbewat if I ever found any!

I use the LaVictoria Salsa Brava ALL the time.  It's what I season the meat I use in anything "taco" related (tacos, burritos, taco dip, etc.)

How do you acquire it?  Another store, online, etc?
I have ordered the Salsa Brava online by the case at least 8 times.  But, about 8 months ago, I found a store (little hole in the wall Spartan Store) by Amber's previous house that sells it.  It costs a bit more than I remember but by the time I pay shipping on a case, it probably equals out.

photo Chairs_zps22c44493.jpg

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 12:42pm
I went online and found out they discontinued my hot chocolate. :smileysad:

photo PinkUmbrella_zps59410ee1.jpg

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 2:01pm
Sorry to hear that, Susan....

Looks like I have good company in the sad boat!

photo Chairs_zps22c44493.jpg