Seriously no room left!

iVillage Member
Seriously no room left!
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 9:23am

This kid is firmly planted on my cervix (feels like he is going to go through at any moment) and my belly is soo full and tight with his feet way up under my ribs and I still have over 4 weeks to my due date! I don't remember feeling like this with my other two pregnancies and I am getting concerned. There has been so much pressure and tightness since this weekend (perhaps because of the full moon and a big rain storm that passed by) that I started to think I was in early labour. This morning it feels like if I sneeze the wrong way or pass gass that my water will break (I can feel the ballooning, very bizarre).

Btdt's have you felt this way before? Is anyone else feeling like this yet?

Proud Mom to Annika (4), Jamie (3), and 4 angels. Anxiously awaiting Baby #3!

Pages

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 9:38am
My husband commented last night that I looked antsy and miserable. He asked if I felt like I was going to go into early labor. I started crying and told him I didn't know! I know that my belly has dropped and her head is certainly not down - and that has my attention. Plus, I'm only 32w4d.
I had a horrible, horrible night last night. DH was honestly ready to take me in at about 4:45 - I was literally not able to recline because of acid reflux and my back was KILLING me. I was having BH contrax. I finally got the AR under enough control and DH kept by back warm (we are NOT cuddlers) and got some sleep, but I am miserable this morning!
So, it's a little different, but I would almost bet my horse on not going past 37 weeks this time...

Jules - Happily married and Momma to DS, DD and expecting our Caboose Baby 11/24/2012

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 9:50am

My doula told me about Papaya Enzymes for AR.  It's really helped me.  I was waking up everynight having to sit up and sleep.  I also read that canned pineapple is good to try too.  But when you're pregnant...it's just a totally different cause, so I'm not sure how much the pineapple will help us. 

I had LOTS of BH last night too.  So much so that I started seeing how far apart they were.  I didn't tell DH though and then we went on to bed before I could count more than 3.  So, I couldn't really tell if there was a pattern or not. I thought you know what, if it is labor starting early, I'll sleep and I'll wake me up if my body needs me.  lol  I had a lot of CM yesterday today.  And yesterday while I was at the chiropractor this older lady was talking about hurting so much more because of all the pressure in the atmosphere right now.  And someone else was like, yeah there is a lot of pressure right now.  So, maybe there's just something going on right now and we'll all get passed it with our babies still baking happily for a few more weeks.  Or at least that's my hope.  I don't want Lily coming out early. 

Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 11:01am
Acid Reflux is killer!!! I have had it constantly since about 12 weeks this pg but now it is ridiculous - I can't eat an apple, mustard, pickles, salt (ie prepared food), and a bunch of other stuff without suffering horribly. Gaviscon is the only thing I have found that helps at all and I am practically drinking the stuff right now - I wonder if papaya would work for me since fruit in general burns right now.

I took a look at the weather for here and the atmospheric pressure is still pretty high which I would bet is causing most of the pressure that I have been feeling. Last time every storm that passed by once I got to 7 or 8 months killed.
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 11:05am

The papaya enzymes my doula had me try are chewable tablets.  They helped DH the other night too.  Bless his heart.  His back was hurting the other day and he's had heartburn too. 

Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 1:13pm

I'm so out of room! My belly is under constant pressure, but last week was BAD. I felt like my whole abdomen was going to explode. I felt like I was having one long braxton hicks... even my back was hurting.

Now the pressure is pretty constantly under my ribs. It feels like he has a foot under each side and he's trying to do the splits :smileyhappy:

theresa-2.gif picture by forceps40

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 1:51pm

Wow, I am so with you guys! I know I have dropped too as I was carrying very high. What made me think it was when I lifted my stomach and stood on my toes to brush my teeth 2 days ago. So I took a picture of myself, and it is very obvious! I also feel like one wrong move and she will fall out! I keep getting twinges very low all day. That with the BH makes me feel like I won't make it to Nov 20. I am going to talk to my doc next week at my appt. My husband says I look miserable, but I am still working my daycare. So I have my 2 kids before and after school, my 3 yr old all day, and 2 more 3 yr olds and 2 1 yr olds to chase. The diaper changes alone are exhausting lol. I am hoping to get 4 more weeks of work after this week! We shall see!

I really hope all of us find ways to get relief so we don't spend our last weeks in misery!!

Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 3:54pm
I feel just like you, and no, I haven't felt this way before. My babies are early and on the small side. This little guy is not on the small side, the doctor keeps telling me. I have been carrying him really low, and it feels like he has just balled himself up, planted right on my cervix! I am so miserable. My DH keeps offering to put me on his back swing and let be elevate my feet to get the pressure off my cervix, but that makes me nervous, so I am just trying to put my feet up as much as possible.

I also have the feeling that if I sneeze, my water is going to break. There are times when I can feel him moving his head and it is putting additional pressure down there and I worry that my water will just pop! I did have one baby whose water spontaneous broke at 36 weeks, so I am pretty worried about this one doing it too. I am a bit nervous that the doctor will check me next week at 34 weeks, and that will get me going into labor. I hope he won't check me until 36 weeks at least.
Rachel Mom to five great kiddos and one angel in heaven (MC @ 9 weeks) Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 7:03pm
Thank you ladies for all the replies. It is nice to know that I am not the only one in this boat - this awful overcrowded boat. At least there isn't much longer to go :smileyhappy:
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 2:00pm
j_olene wrote:
As I'm typing this our little one is going crazy. Kicking, punching, rolling, and stretching! This baby is our first that really hurts with it's kicks. So bad I feel bruised. I can't imagine another 6 weeks of this!
My midwife did say she thought this one may be bigger than my last 3 and I agree with her that it may be a bit early.

Yes! This is our 1st baby to hurt too. My SIL was talking about how one of her co-workers were always complaining about the kicks hurting, and I told her that kicks don't hurt. I had to eat my words. He's been sitting here all morning rolling and stretching, and it's not even a little comfortable. 

I kinda wish he would drop so he'd at least be out of my ribs.

theresa-2.gif picture by forceps40

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 2:23pm
I'm with you. My tummy muscles are separated already (have been for a while) and I still feel like I'm going to bust open at the seams most days. No one can believe it when I tell them I have 5 more weeks. Most days the belly feels as hard as a rock and I don't know where he's going to go if he grows much more. Scary!
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pages