DYK?

iVillage Member
DYK?
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 10:04am

I seen this on another board and thought it would be fun. It's a great way for us to get to know each other. You can share anything you wish! I'll go first...

Did you know... I have an ulter ego named Barbie Crocker. She is a mom that loves fashion, cooking, baking, wearing makeup, and dressing fancy. She believes every mom can look and feel beautiful no matter how many kids she has, all while maintaining a household. :smileyvery-happy:

(P.S. If I cook or bake something DH doesn't like, I say "well, I'm sorry, but you're going to have to take that up with Barbie Crocker, she made it." He thinks I'm nuts.. HA HA)

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
In reply to: mandi_poo
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 11:29am

HA! Barbie Crocker... Love it...

DYK, my cousin brought a recliner over to my house and asked if I wanted it.. It was my Aunt Pam's and it sat on her front porch for a week before making it to my living room.  My father-in-law said he saw a mouse run from underneath it about an hour after we got it and we've spent the last two weeks searching for it.. Well, we found it.  It's dead.. Somewhere in my heating duct.  The smell is atrocious and we can't seem to find exactly where it's coming from. The really bad news is, we just got hit with a cold front and there is snow on the mountains. Tonight it's supposed to be 26 degrees and we can't turn on our heater or we'll blow dead mouse smell all over the house. All you can do is laugh, I guess. Or cry..haha.

DYK, we're all just about halfway through our pregnancy! I was celebrating with DH last night because I'm just about 21 weeks which means I'm closer to the end than the beginning!

DYK, I went to my friend's CD release party a few nights ago and the baby starting break-dancing in my belly.. I think this kid is going to be a music lover like his/her Mommy :smileyhappy:

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 12:16pm
LOL I'm cracking up about the mouse!

DYK, we had a dead rabbitt in our front yard a few weeks ago. There wasn't any apparent reason why it died but of course I stayed far away from it since I'm pregnant. Well, I left it out there for DH and surprised him with it when he got home from work. Anyway, he went out there in full body armor, sweats, boots, gloves etc. He took the snow shovel and the garbage can over and tried to scoop it up but was gagging the entire time and couldn't get it. When he came back in, his eyes were watering and he was so mad. I asked what was wrong and he said the stiffness of the rabbitt grossed him out. LOL. He eventually went next door and got the neighbor to help him. I wish I would have got it on video!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
In reply to: abereth
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 12:37pm

HAHAHA! Oh my gosh, I'm laughing so hard right now picturing your DH. Mine was cursing and quite angry while trying to fish the mouse out of the vent.

DYK, Once I was house sitting for a friend who had chickens and I went out there and found a dead one in the coop. I was like, what the heck am I supposed to do with a dead chicken in the middle of summer? Bury it? So I suited up and shoveled it into a grocery bag where it was laid to rest in the trash can, gagging the whole time. I'm not sure I'd make a very good farmer.

DYK, I woke up this morning to no smoke in the sky for the first time in weeks!? It finally rained and everything is crisp and beautiful :smileyhappy:

DYK, I found out the gender on the 17th. So bummed I have to wait so long, but I'm getting more an more positive that my wombmate is a boy. We shall see!

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 1:20pm

DYK my son started preschool last week. I've been taking him but tomorrow he's going to ride the bus. :smileysad: Getting big so fast.

DYK I love chips and salsa and eat it almost every day even though it gives me terrible heartburn. The cashiers must think I'm crazy when I buy my chips, salsa, and tums. lol

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 2:10pm

I love these!  Great idea Mandi!

DYK ... that my SO & I have been together since 1993, it'll be 20 years come Jan (although we did break up a couple of times in our younger years), we grew up less than 5 miles from one another, and he was my date to my junior prom, which was quite scandalous because he's 6 years older than me. :smileyhappy:  Not such a big deal now, but HUGE when I was just 16 & he was 22.

DYK ... that  I have a cockroach/palmetto bug phobia.  Once when traveling to NYC on business I ended up in a less than stellar hotel in the theatre district & before bed I spotted not one, not two, but THREE cockroaches in the closet sized bathroom off of my miniscule bedroom.  I slept with every light on, on top of the covers, in sweatpants, socks pulled up over the bottoms of the pants, a hoodie sweatshirt with the hood up & tied around my chin & gloves over the bottoms of my sleeves (thank goodness it was winter & I had all these provisions, otherwise I may not have slept at all!  The very next day I threw a major temper tantrum at the front desk, called my corporate travel department & moved to a new (and much cleaner) hotel immediately after I finished work for the day.  Roaches ... they are my kryptonite! 

Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 2:16pm
DYK I prefer rainy days over sunny days.

DYK I eat chips and salsa daily as well but no heartburn yet!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 2:22pm
Wow 20 years is awesome!!

DYK my DH and I were high school sweethearts? We just had our 10 year anniversary.

LMBO at your bug gear!! That is too funny!!
DYK back in the summer I was getting out of the shower and grabbed my towel (the towels hang on hooks on the back of the door) and one of those huge 2 inch long centipedes crawled across my chest. He was hiding out in my towel apparently and I thought for sure I was in cardiac arrest!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
In reply to: writergirlmel
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 4:36pm

DYK I'm afraid of crickets, and I keep hearing one around here somewhere? (Husband has to go hunting when he gets home.)

DYK my 3-year-old and I have gone through a whole bag of Reese's cups today? DYK I bought them to put in Halloween treat bags to send to our out-of-town friends?

DYK I sucked it up and invited a somewhat estranged friend over for a visit this morning? DYK I felt really bad about pushing her to the bottom of my priority list when she told me how much I help her just by not belittling her thoughts & problems? DYK I felt even worse when she told me I always manage to say the right thing to her -- and inside, I was remembering all the times I was irritated about having to give her advice?

DYK I really, really, really wish my husband would bring home a cheeseburger and a milkshake for dinner tonight?

iVillage Member
In reply to: duchessdina
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 4:58pm
Omg someone told me they found a bug at work and it was sitting by our secretary. I was curious...it was no bug it was a monster! It was a huge roach! I freaked out and next time I won't be so curious!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 11:46pm
DYK I am currently watching the Honey Boo Boo Toddlers and Tiaras. These people are messed up. LOL
Photobucket

Pages