DYK?

iVillage Member
DYK?
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 10:04am

I seen this on another board and thought it would be fun. It's a great way for us to get to know each other. You can share anything you wish! I'll go first...

Did you know... I have an ulter ego named Barbie Crocker. She is a mom that loves fashion, cooking, baking, wearing makeup, and dressing fancy. She believes every mom can look and feel beautiful no matter how many kids she has, all while maintaining a household. :smileyvery-happy:

(P.S. If I cook or bake something DH doesn't like, I say "well, I'm sorry, but you're going to have to take that up with Barbie Crocker, she made it." He thinks I'm nuts.. HA HA)

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
In reply to: abereth
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 9:23pm

DYK we've talked about canceling cable since we don't really need it, but I'm addicted to TLC and HGTV.. I love watching "I Didn't Know I was Pregnant" while getting ready for work in the morning. DH calls it the "toilet baby" show because the women on there always thing they just have to go #2 and end up having a baby while they're on the toilet.. haha..

DYK our "one" dead mouse ended up being 5 dead mice? DYK I have learned that it costs $450 to have some clean out the dead mice from your walls? Big sigh...

iVillage Member
In reply to: slkem3
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 11:10pm
DYK we don't have cable either? DYK it's because I'm too stubborn about the rip-off cable companies, who quote you one price and then when you get your bill there are a million added "fees" on there, so your bill is really like $50 more than they said. LOL. It's my way of protesting. But sometimes I feel like I'm depriving my kids when the only thing they can watch is Cat in the Hat and Sesame Street. LOL.

DYK EW about the mice! There is no such thing as 1 mouse. In our old house we thought we had caught the mouse. -Turns out we ended up catching about 15!!!! So gross!!! We lived right by a field....
iVillage Member
In reply to: amy3lynn3
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 11:34pm
DYK I was getting a new roll of toilet paper out of the closet. Found one that I am sure a mouse got to first. *sigh* Time to set up the traps and poison again. It is one of the down falls of living on a farm. And yes if there is one there are about 100 more you don't see.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
In reply to: writergirlmel
Tue, 10-09-2012 - 10:33am
DYK we have cable, and the only thing on is still PBS (though hubby and I do DVR a lot of other stuff in the evenings)?

DYK we'd give up our cable if CBS, TNT, SyFy, and USA would just hop onto the Hulu Plus bandwagon?

DYK I haven't gotten out of my PJs yet today (and don't plan to)?

DYK I'm thinking of hitting a drive-through for lunch -- in my PJs -- just because the leftover Chinese food in the fridge doesn't seem to sound good to either me or Toby? (Or maybe I'll order delivery. Hmm...)

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-09-2012 - 10:35am
DYK Nobody delivers to our house.
DYK We live to far outside of town.
DYK Which is stupid.
DYK We only live 3 miles outside of town.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-09-2012 - 10:56am
DYK I just played the pregnancy card with my security system's monitoring company? For the fifth day in a row, I forgot to bypass the sensor on my back door while letting the dog out. For the fifth day in a row, the same operator called me to ask if everything was okay. She sounded a little annoyed, so I blamed "pregnancy brain" by making sure she realized I'm pregnant.

DYK I'm sick to death of seeing "Save Big Bird" in my Facebook feed? I love PBS. We watch it all the time. We're watching it now. But I wonder how many people who are all up in arms about whatever Romney said have ever actually put their wallets where their keyboards are and written a check to PBS.

DYK (speaking of PBS), I'm really ready for Toby's nap time so I can watch something other than Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood? (Cute show...but really, enough is enough.) But when the kid is under the weather, he gets custody of the remote....

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-09-2012 - 10:58am
DYK We are watching Daniel Tiger too. It is like being a kid with the whole Mr. Rogers thing going on and yet not. LOL
Photobucket
iVillage Member
In reply to: mandi_poo
Tue, 10-09-2012 - 11:12am
DYK I seen Daniel Tiger for the first time the other day and it sorta creeped me out, in the old Mr. Rogers kind of way.

DYK my kids watch PBS Sprout most of the time.

DYK I might just have to get delivery now..
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-09-2012 - 11:22am
DYK I ordered the delivery? Toby wanted cheese bread, and I had a sudden craving for hot wings with a Tums chaser (because the latter is inevitable). This also means I don't have to cook today since we can have the Chinese food for dinner.

DYK Toby is now watching Daniel Tiger on the television, making his Dinosaur Train dinosaurs ride a Thomas engine, and pretending his Curious George monkey is the station master? Ten bucks says a Chuggington engine makes an appearance in about 10 seconds. Oh, and he's singing a song from Sid the Science Kid.

iVillage Member
In reply to: purpledaisy102
Tue, 10-09-2012 - 5:25pm

DYK my son loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Today my phone was missing and when I asked him about it he put his hands around his mouth and said 'Oh Toodles'  Lol  That kids cracks me up. He doesn't watch much TV and I've tried to get him to watch Sesame Street and such but MMC is the only one that holds his attention for more than 30 seconds. 

Photobucket

Pages