DYK?

iVillage Member
DYK?
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 10:04am

I seen this on another board and thought it would be fun. It's a great way for us to get to know each other. You can share anything you wish! I'll go first...

Did you know... I have an ulter ego named Barbie Crocker. She is a mom that loves fashion, cooking, baking, wearing makeup, and dressing fancy. She believes every mom can look and feel beautiful no matter how many kids she has, all while maintaining a household. :smileyvery-happy:

(P.S. If I cook or bake something DH doesn't like, I say "well, I'm sorry, but you're going to have to take that up with Barbie Crocker, she made it." He thinks I'm nuts.. HA HA)

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
In reply to: mandi_poo
Tue, 10-09-2012 - 6:02pm
DYK my kids love Mickey Mouse Clubhouse too... especially the hotdog song...
Photobucket
iVillage Member
In reply to: writergirlmel
Wed, 10-10-2012 - 2:07pm
DYK when we had breakfast at Chef Mickey's (WDW Contemporary) this summer, Toby asked Goofy to do the Hot Dog dance with him?

DYK my little guy had to be very brave this morning? He tripped while walking into the hospital for my blood work (thyroid check), and he let the nurses clean his wound after they drew my blood. This is a BIG deal for Toby because he's very scared of any of the doctors or nurses touching him (or even weighing him on the scale that matter).

iVillage Member
In reply to: abereth
Thu, 10-11-2012 - 1:08pm

DYK I am addicted to Coconut water this pregnancy? I always feel SO much better after I drink it because it has electrolytes in it and I've been really bad about staying hydrated lately.

DYK I may or may not do the hot dog dance whenever I watch that show with my niece? She thinks it's hilarious, so of course I'm going to keep doing it. 

DYK DH told me the other day that he got a job offer to work as a security contractor in Afghanistan for 6 months out of the year and I almost started crying.  He said that he wouldn't take it even though the pay is 3x what he makes now, but I'm still scared that he's secretly considering it since he hates his current job so much. It doesn't help that 3 security contractors were JUST killed in Afghanistan recently... He's already been to Iraq twice and suffers from PTSD.. I can't imagine what another 6 months would do to his frame of mind. Announcing to your wife that you're thinking of voluntarily leaving her when she's 4 months away from delivering your first child isn't the nicest thing. Kudos and hugs to all the ladies dealing with SOs overseas right now. 

DYK the bizarre dreams are back. A couple nights ago I had a dream that the baby fell out of me at 21 weeks and it already had teeth and long hair.. So, so strange...

iVillage Member
In reply to: amy3lynn3
Thu, 10-11-2012 - 1:10pm
DYK I tried coconut water once and didn't like it. Maybe I got a bad brand. I have thought about juicing and adding it like the one vlog I watch. He is always adding it to his juice concoctions.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-11-2012 - 1:13pm
DYK That would be so hard if he left. Ethan has been going away for a week here and there for work to earn some extra money before Adelia gets here. It is driving me nuts and I told him to knock it off. I can't imagine him being gone for 6 months straight. He was gone the entire summer when he started this job but he was home every weekend and that was hard. I only had Bryan back then too. I can't imagine doing it with 3 kids. A friend of mine is right now. Her husband was able to push back his deployment until a week after their son was born. She is now home alone with 3 kids. She is really strong.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-11-2012 - 1:17pm
DYK I am having the worst dreams lately. Why can't I have happy dreams? Or go back to the sex dreams? Those were nice! LOL
Photobucket
iVillage Member
In reply to: writergirlmel
Thu, 10-11-2012 - 3:39pm
DYK it must be the week for husbands announcing they might go overseas? Mine dropped the bombshell this morning that he might volunteer for a 6-month deployment beginning in April. I get the logic, and I know I'll be okay if it happens (great support system, BTDT, 6 months is a short one, etc), but I'm not necessarily on board.

DYK I've been having horrible dreams lately, too? More than once, I've woken up screaming & crying because I've been vividly dreaming that something was wrong with either my husband, our son, or the baby.

DYK the highlight of my day has been watching my terrified-of-vacuum-cleaners son chase our newly rediscovered robotic vacuum cleaner around the house while cheering, "Good job, Wombat! Good job!" (apparently, its name is Wombat) and trying to tell it where to go?

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-11-2012 - 3:43pm
DYK Ethan just sent me an email with the schedule for his instructor training. He has to go or he will lose his certification which means a drop in pay. All 4 are during January or February. Ugh! I have never made it past 37 weeks so there is only 1 week we are pretty sure baby won't be here yet.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-11-2012 - 3:45pm
DYK I had a dream the other night that Ethan and I had a fight. He got so angry that he was going to beat me to death. People had to hold him back so he didn't kill me. That man has never raised a hand to me. Heck he rarely raises his voice. It was such a disturbing dream I never went back to sleep before getting up for the day.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-11-2012 - 5:13pm
DYK I feel so sorry for the ladies without their DHs. I wouldn't know what to do without an evening break (aka bubble bath) every night. :smileysad:

DYK it must be the time during pregnancy for bad dreams. I've been having them too. I'm sure it's because we are getting so close to the end and worrying about everything. But look on the bright side, pretty soon we'll be trading bad dreams for night sweats... :smileyvery-happy:

DYK my older DS has been begging me for broccoli all day? Guess what we're having for dinner... ha ha.
Photobucket

Pages