DYK?

iVillage Member
DYK?
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 10:04am

I seen this on another board and thought it would be fun. It's a great way for us to get to know each other. You can share anything you wish! I'll go first...

Did you know... I have an ulter ego named Barbie Crocker. She is a mom that loves fashion, cooking, baking, wearing makeup, and dressing fancy. She believes every mom can look and feel beautiful no matter how many kids she has, all while maintaining a household. :smileyvery-happy:

(P.S. If I cook or bake something DH doesn't like, I say "well, I'm sorry, but you're going to have to take that up with Barbie Crocker, she made it." He thinks I'm nuts.. HA HA)

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
In reply to: abereth
Thu, 10-11-2012 - 11:17pm

DYK I'm cracking up picturing your DS calling your robotic vaccuum "Wombat"?.. Sounds like it's been quite the day of conquering his fears :smileyhappy:..

DYK this baby is getting SO strong.. I was listening to a meditation podcast that helps you relax  and the woman said "place your hands on your belly and just connect with your baby".. As soon as my hands touched my belly, the baby punched me in the hand twice.. HA!  I think I'm pregnant with Chuck Norris II.

DYK I traded massage with my BFF who is also a therapist and I feel like I'm floating on a cloud? It's true.. Prenatal massage is delightful and I think all of you should get one. 

iVillage Member
In reply to: purpledaisy102
Fri, 10-12-2012 - 12:37pm

DYK I was just thinking about a prenatal massage yesterday and your post reminded me to book my appointment. A nice prenatal massage gives me something to look forward to next week. 

DYK I agree with you about the baby getting stronger. I swear this baby does gymnastics and plays soccer in there all at the same time.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
In reply to: amy3lynn3
Fri, 10-12-2012 - 12:40pm
DYK There is a woman in my Facebook expecting group that has a coworker who is trying to convince her to schedule a c-section so her birth does not screw up this woman's vacation! WTF!?!??! She had a normal vaginal birth last time so there really is no reason for her to have a c-section. That woman must be INSANE!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
In reply to: mandi_poo
Fri, 10-12-2012 - 12:41pm
DYK my DH bought me a prenatal massage for Christmas when I was pregnant with my first DS. I was so excited to go and when I got there they didnt mark it as a prenatal massage so they were scrambling to get everything together. Then my massage therapist knocked and opened the door, I didn't have a chance to say I wasn't ready, and she seen me in nothing but my skivies trying to climb on to the table... talk about mortified. Cracks me up thinking about it, I could only imagine her view. Ha ha.

DYK I would love to try it again though!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
In reply to: wvgrl76
Fri, 10-12-2012 - 3:00pm

DYK that I tried a prenatal massage with my son in an attempt to induce labor? LOL!  When I went in to be induced & it didn't take I went on a mission to evict my son - I tried it all!  I walked MILES around our neighborhood in the 100 degree+ June sun, I had my SO take me out for Mexican food for dinner & challenged the kitchen staff to make me the spiciest food possible (all that did was give me terrible heartburn), we even tried having sex (TMI I know) and my last ditch effort was to go for a prenatal massage & tell the girl to push every single pressure point that is thought to induce labor ... nothing!  My son didn't "move out" until 10 days later when I went back to the hospital for a second induction.  Stubborn little fellow!

Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
In reply to: writergirlmel
Fri, 10-12-2012 - 4:25pm
DYK I'm very jealous of those of you feeling your babies? I'm 21 weeks as of yesterday, and I'm still not really feeling anything -- just a little squirm or two every few days if I happen to be very still. It honestly has me very, very, very worried that something is wrong -- which is yet another reason that I HATE that the Army is taking away my husband for a few weeks, meaning he won't be there for my next appointment or ultrasound.

iVillage Member
In reply to: mandi_poo
Sat, 10-13-2012 - 1:12pm

DYK I was looking at other boards because we think ours is so slow but we have almost the same amount of posts as January and way more than December. So I guess we're about average. 

DYK I'm sitting here wishing it was already lunch so I could go to the local mexican food place and get a side of beans to eat with my tortilla chips and salsa. 10 am seems a little early for lunch. 

Photobucket

iVillage Member
In reply to: duchessdina
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 11:35am
DYK I also love the show I didn't know I was pregnant! It really is the toilet baby show. I'm always shocked when they have a foot or hand sticking out and figure out that they're really having a baby! Who does this, really?

Photobucket

iVillage Member
In reply to: duchessdina
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 11:36am
DYK I'm also really sick of my cable bill! I am probably going to take my home phone off of it and hope if solves a big chunk of the bill. They're charging me $50 for just the phone and we don't use it that much!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
In reply to: amy3lynn3
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 11:39am
DYK We got rid of the land line a long time ago. We weren't using it and they wouldn't let us change it into our name until we brought them a death certificate for his uncle. Then they wanted to do a credit check on both of us. We figured if they were going to raise the bill based on our credit because obviously we have not had as much time to grow our credit as his uncle had then out it goes. We paid that bill in his name on time every month for 2 years. Now you want to up it because we change the name on the account? Forget it!
Photobucket

Pages