DYK?

iVillage Member
DYK?
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 10:04am

I seen this on another board and thought it would be fun. It's a great way for us to get to know each other. You can share anything you wish! I'll go first...

Did you know... I have an ulter ego named Barbie Crocker. She is a mom that loves fashion, cooking, baking, wearing makeup, and dressing fancy. She believes every mom can look and feel beautiful no matter how many kids she has, all while maintaining a household. :smileyvery-happy:

(P.S. If I cook or bake something DH doesn't like, I say "well, I'm sorry, but you're going to have to take that up with Barbie Crocker, she made it." He thinks I'm nuts.. HA HA)

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
In reply to: purpledaisy102
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 5:02pm

DYK I hate this new layout on the board. No one's pics shows up and the threads aren't refreshing to the top when someone posts on them. I had to go looking for this thread. Very annoyed.

DYK I woke up annoyed because of bad food service I had . . . in my dreams. Lol I was out to breakfast with some friends and ordered cinnamon sugar waffles. The waiter brought me one small waffle and had some cinnamon in his hands which he proceeded to pour onto my waffle. He then took the sugar shaker from the table and poured it on my waffle. Then mixed them together with his finger. I was LIVID in my dreams, my crazy pregnant lady dreams. 

Photobucket

iVillage Member
In reply to: amy3lynn3
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 2:25pm
DYK My fertility doctor thought I had a second uterus. Turns out it just looked like that during the ultrasound because I have a heart shaped uterus.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
In reply to: abereth
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 2:16pm

DYK, Amy, happened to my friend Jessica too! She actually has two uteruses (which I didn't even know was possible until this happened) and the baby was tucked in the smaller, back uterus and she had no idea that she was pregnant. Then on Christmas Day she started going into seizures so they whisked her off to the hospital. They informed her that she was pregnant and had severe eclempsia, so they had to do an emergency c-section.  Her baby was born at 29 weeks I think and was 2 lbs.  Since she was so used to being cramped in that tiny space, her legs stayed folded up on her chest while she was in the incubator. Such a sweet little peanut.. She's 5 now I think and perfectly healthy.  Jessica had no idea she was in there though.. She was in college and a soccer player and continued to play up until a week before her surprise delivery. 

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 11:50am
DYK I should say my Facebook expecting board. Not you ladies here. LOL I may belong to to many groups.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 11:49am
DYK Good luck at your ultrasound. They are so exciting!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 11:49am
DYK Anxiety sucks! I am sorry you are struggling with it. I have had my ups and downs with it over the last few years.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 11:47am
DYK I haven't been letting people feel her kick from the outside because Ethan hasn't felt it yet. I just keep telling them she isn't kicking that hard yet. I lie. LOL
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-15-2012 - 11:46am
No you didn't say anything mean. Some of the women on my expecting board did and I kept my mouth shut for most of the conversation. Finally I just let it out and went a little nuts on one of the ladies. They haven't mentioned it since. I had regular period like bleeding, my placenta was in the front so I felt little to no movement the entire pregnancy and I looked MAYBE 5 months pregnant the day Bryan was born. The nurses actually freaked out when I came in because they thought I was going into major preterm labor.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
In reply to: abereth

DYK DH and I have never had a home phone for that exact reason? Since we both have cell phones I've always felt that home phones were over-kill, and it's nice not having that extra expense each month (especially with how expensive cell phone bill is...holy cow!)

DYK I'm starting to get anxious about my anxiety level? ha.. I'm worried about EVERYTHING all of the time.  I worry when the baby isn't moving and I worry when it's practicing gymnastics for fear that he/she will get too wrapped up in the umbilical cord. I broke a tooth a few months ago and have put off going to the dentist and now I have pain on the left side of my face/head and I'm worried that I'm going to die of an infection.  I really hate this.. I wish I could just focus on being calm and and enjoy this pregnancy, but my hormones are making me crazy. I'm going to blame it on my mother.. I think I get the anxiety from her :smileyhappy:..

DYK I have only 2 DAYS until my first ultrasound!!!! I'm so excited to find out what this little bean is. My husband and I have started making bets about what the baby is, when he/she will be born, etc.  Part of me is a little nervous that something will show up in the US since we didn't have any earlier peeks, but, once again, that's just my crazy anxiety level right now. 

iVillage Member
In reply to: duchessdina
DYK my dryer is not putting out any hot air and I'm really pissed because I don't want to pay to have someone look at it!

DYK my baby finally kicked so I could feel it on the outside and my sister got to feel it before DH. DYK I have no intention of telling DH that my sister felt it first because he would be really pissed!

Photobucket

Pages