Neurologist Appt on Friday

iVillage Member
Neurologist Appt on Friday
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 11:39am

Hello,

I'm taking my son (7 almost 8) to a neurologist appt on Friday at Yale.  This will be the first visit to a neurologist for him and I'm doing it on my own; though the primary doctor is aware.  What are some of the questions I should be asking? or some of the things to look for or discuss?

Thanks.

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 2:35pm
Thank you, thank you, thank you; I will definitely give an update after the appt.
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 11:52am

Thanks a lot ladybug - I was afraid no one will respond in time for my appt. tomorrow because it has been so very slow around here.  I'm so grateful for your response because I was going empty handed assuming that the doctor's office has sent everything and I was definitely not taking anything from the school nor taking my journal for that matter.  Yes, I have been around a couple of the boards.  He has been diagnosed with ADHD and high functioning Autism or Aspergers.  However, I'm only completely sure of the ADHD; I really think that there is something else going on due to his traumatic birth and some prescriptions and surgeries I had when I was pregnant, that is why I wanted to see the Neuro.  So what the Neuro says will be very important.  I hope this neuro will be as helpful and as fabulous as yours sounds.  I'm nervous because I don't want to come back without some answers or at least some direction.

Thanks.