Misha is in the hospital today

Visitor (not verified)
anonymous user
Misha is in the hospital today
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 12:09pm

Misha went for her annual exam last Friday and the vet started her on Baytril for her enlarged lymph glands.  Well since then she has developed a bad URI.  Last night I tried a half antihistamine on her to help with her very runny nose and sneezing.  This morning she was gagging while trying to breath through her mouth.  She's not been eating much either. 

I dropped her off at the vet's and they will examine her and give fluids and any other treatments she needs.  I'm not sure yet if she'll be kept overnight.  She was not happy to go to the vet, but I just don't want her to continue to get worse.  It scares me as it reminds me of how sick she got when I first rescued her in 2004. 

I worry that Jasmine will get URI since she spends so much time grooming with Misha and licking off each others' plates.  I'm in major hovering mom worry mode now.

I'm giving Thomie pred for IBD diarrhea this week and Patches decided to throw up this morning and I'm wondering if her thyroid medicine is upsetting her tummy?

I knew it wouldn't be easy.....especially now that 3 out of 5 cats is 15 and could have more issues as they continue to age.

Thank you for any prayers.  I'll hope to get an update on Misha soon.

I have a hematologist appointment also today.....oh fun!

Pages

Community Leader
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 12:33pm
please keep us posted,on you too. I am having trouble with Elvis this week too,one more day and he has to go to vet if not better

Community Leader
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 2:15pm
Elvis seems to do good in the day and then throws up at night,today is the 3rd day of the Pred so I hope it gkicks in for tonight. I have never heard of them doing that to cats but who knows,I am glad she is going to come home. let us know what your doctor says,do you still take coumindin?

Community Leader
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 3:37pm

Gosh that's so scary about Misha open mouth breathing.  I hope that the doxycycline will work better for what she has.  I hope she feels better getting fluids and the meds will kick in quickly for her.

I don't know what they do about toncilitis in cats. I would think remove them like they do people if they are causing a big problem.  I pray she has a bad infection and not throat cancer.  We just can't have another furkid with cancer here.

Sending lots of Prayers for Misha and kisses too.

(((((Hugs))))) to a worried furmom.

Photobucket

Community Leader
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 3:44pm

That sure is a nasy URI Misha has.  Poor little girl.  I'm sure that was scary for you.  Trouble had a couple of episodes of open mouth breathing when he was so sick and it scared the "you know what" out of me.  It's good that you took her to the vet. 

I hope that Jasmine won't get that darned URI too.  Yes you will have to be in hovering mode for awhile just in case.

Gosh the girls are giving you lots of grey hairs this week.  I hope Thomie and Patches are ok.  I don't know if the thyroid meds upset the tummy.  ^Fuzzy^ was on the thyroid med that I just rubbed in his ear.

I know what you mean 2 of my 5 cats are over 15 and Trouble is 14 with lots of health problems already and Daisy is 11, so she is getting up there too.

Sending lots of prayers for Misha.

Hope you have good results with your hematologist appointment today.

Photobucket

Community Leader
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 4:47pm
Ellie was doing that when I ran her to vet,and then she passed

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 6:40pm

My goodness Suzy, you sure have alot goin on today!!!  I sure hope Misha feels better now.  I will pray for her and for the rest of the gang too.  Sending you lotsa cyber hugs...(((((((((((((((((((((Suzy))))))))))))))))))))))))

Community Leader
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 8:21pm

I sure hope that Jas will be able to avoid that URI especially if she has asthma tendencies.  Yes these furkids of ours can sure give us lots of grey hairs.

I hope Trouble will keep going for a long time too.  At least his asthma is well controlled and his diabetes is doing ok.  It's such a worry when our furkids start aging.  Yes I think we are all praying hard for Jane's Misha to live a long time in spite of his terrible diagnosis. 

I hate it when doctors are hurried and won't take the time to talk to you.  That'sgood that your results are a bit better.  I agree that you need a good internal medicine doctor and hopefully a female.  I have had female doctors the past 20 years or so and they never seem to hurry through my appointments and always listen to me if I have concerns.  It's the pits that all these things start showing up with our bodies as we get older.

I had periods off and on for a few years before they finally stopped and I was blessed with menopause and it's symptoms.  lol  Yes a female primary care doctor would know much more for sure. 

Geeze that's sure frustrating to drive all the way to work only for them to tell you that you that you didn't have to start until 7. I hope they approve your downtime for the rest of the evening so you can stay home with your furbabies and get some sleep. 

Ramble all you want, we don't get to vist too often.  Working gets in the way of our yacking.

Have a good evening and kiss your furbabies for me.  I hope that Misha is much more comfortable tonight.

((((Hugs))))

Photobucket

Community Leader
Sat, 10-06-2012 - 9:30am

I hope the doctor will clarify how many pills you are supposed to be taking.  I think that would be a big difference to your body.

Have a nice visit and breakfast with your friends and a good day at work today.  I'm glad that you have tomorrow and Monday off to rest up.

Kisses to Misha.  I hope she is feeling better and eating well.  I pray your other furkids don't get that nasty virus.

Photobucket

Community Leader
Sun, 10-07-2012 - 6:37pm
I see a interanl medicene dr and love her!

Community Leader
Sun, 10-07-2012 - 6:38pm
My mom and dad both take it

Pages