Wednesday!

iVillage Member
Wednesday!
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 12:20pm

And who actually pronounces it WED NES DAY?  I never heard it.

Who here pronounces it WENSDAY?  Me too.

Okay, who here thinks it just sounds and looks funny now?

Perhaps this is why most refer to it as over-the-hump day?

Now that that's been squared away, any plans for the upcoming weekend?

I was hoping there'd be a classic car show this weekend...seeing as car shows will be drawing to a close soon.  There's been some discussion of heading out to Colorado to see the grandkids before winter-time travel becomes too unpredictable to make plans.  

There are patches of beautiful foliage cropping up here and there...I really love Autumn around New England.

group (((hug)))

Clarity

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 2:45pm

Okay.;.so now it's Thursday. What can I say, I'm late again:smileywink:

This weekend. Nothing much planned. Friday night I'm baking zillions of cookies and cupcakes with the teens at work. Saturday...running a program for at-risk teenage girls on (don't laugh please) defining personal boundaries! Then I'm officially weekending.

Saturday night is family pasta night at our favorite Italian Restaraunt. I normally would volunteer at a local prison on Sundays but the prison is on lockdown ..so instead?

I'm having a pajama day! Hoping to catch up on laundry, organize my study and watch too much Netflix.

The difference between who you are and who you imagine yourself to be, is what you do.

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 10:59am

Thanks E1 :smileyhappy:

Sometimes it's nice not to have plans and just chill and be spontaneous for come what may.

((hugs))

Clarity

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 10:41am

Hi Clarity,

No big plans for the weekend yet but wanted to take a break in the regularly scheduled programming for a moment to say congrats on the CL position.

Hugs,

E1

Whether you think you can or you think you can't you are probably right. A parrot can repeat what it has learned but the mark of true intelligence is applying what is learned.

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 8:03pm

It's a spectacular tree!  

iVillage Member
In reply to: ratherbeme
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 7:27pm

In my great Mid-western twang, I say Wendz-day. :smileylol: It always make me double think when I write it out.

Although fall is the ending of my golf season, I still find it the most enjoyable time of the year.  I love the reds, yellows and oranges of being in the woods. Yes, I spend a lot of time in the woods looking for the little white balls that I can't hit straight. 

I know it sounds strange, but I have a favorite tree.  Every time I go by it, it's like it speaks to me, and in the fall it reaches out to me and grasps me with it's beauty. (It's not the first time that people thought I was strange.) I took the picture this afternoon.2012-10-03 14.00.34.jpg

We only miss what could have been. I know I don't miss what it really was.

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 2:07pm

Happy...now that you mention it, I, too, say WED NES DAY, but only in my head for proper spelling.  I use to go apple picking a lot...always to come away with a sore belly...eating one for every one I picked.  One time, many years ago, we pulled into an orchard...I think it was in Harvard, MA (yes, I pronounce that Haavid)...only to see that it was a meeting place for all these classic cars from the 30's 40's and 50's...it was like a gangster reunion... and so we got to see them and then watch them pull out in a parade fashion.  That was cool.  Hey....maybe you can use eating too many apples as an out?

Posh only in my head, soglad :smileywink:

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 2:00pm

Sorry about everyone's sore throat.  But man, there is nothing more comforting than being snuggled up on the couch under ones blankie.

I've always thought when looking at the foliage "Fruitloops!"

Feel better soon...yes, that's an order.

((hugs))

Dr. Clarity

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 1:51pm
I say WED NES DAY, but only in my head when I have to write it down, that must make me a closet posh.

Thank you for mentioning the foliage, it has forced me to take a few minutes to just look outside my office's large picture window and take in the gorgeous colours that are right in front of me.

For the weekend, I hope to go apple picking with the kids, and family dinner at my parents with my brother's family too. That last one will be a source of stress.