Wednesdays Woes and Woohoos 10/03/12

iVillage Member
Wednesdays Woes and Woohoos 10/03/12
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 1:33pm

It is Wednesday, the middle of the week and I am beat.  The last two days have been very busy.  

My woohoo is that I have a brand new baby cousin.  He was 8lbs 6.5 ozs at birth.  We grow 'em big in this family.  I remember when my sister-in-law got pregnant the first time and she tells my mom that they have big babies in her family.  My mom asked how big and she said around six and half pounds and my mother laughed because because we are all at the upper end of seven pounds in this family.  I was 7lbs 13oz and my son beat me by a half ounce.  LOL!   Her kids were close to eight pounds but my cousin beat us all.  He's so cute. 

DH got his eyes checked Monday and there in lies my woe.  He expected to get his glasses in an hour from lens crafters but apparently they don't do that anymore and now it will take two weeks.  We should have just gone to wal-mart.  They have a bigger selection.  Poor dh will not be able to see clearly for another two weeks.  sigh...

So share with me your woe and your woohoo for this week.  You know misery loves company.

siggy line

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 7:35pm

Now they can work you a little more because you have more time to rest.  :smileywink:

siggy line

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 7:34pm

That's an awesome woohoo.  You reminded me of that commercial that says there isn't enough stretch in the paycheck...LOL.

siggy line

Community Leader
Sun, 10-07-2012 - 11:52am

Yay, having more vacation time is definitely a good thing!

Sue
Homeschooling mom to DD15 & DS11

CL of Homeschooling, Signature Showcase, Ectopic Loss, and Fertility Charting

Community Leader
Sat, 10-06-2012 - 12:39pm

Woe...the paycheck didn't stretch very far.  <sigh>

Woohoo...nobody's sick, and the sun is shining, and I have two terrific kids :smileyhappy:

Sue
Homeschooling mom to DD15 & DS11

CL of Homeschooling, Signature Showcase, Ectopic Loss, and Fertility Charting

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 10:19pm

Awww, I wish you could see each other every weekend. 

That same weekend I will be at my nephew's wedding.  I feel old. 

siggy line

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 10:17pm

Let's hope it works once it is dry.  I've washed iPhones, DS game cards, Ipods, usb drives (one in particular gets washed almost every week.), and who knows what else and most of it works.  Rice works well in drying out electronics and keeping humidity out of salt.  LOL!

iPads are cool.  I don't have one but I've seen my SIL's.

siggy line

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 9:35pm

Wooooo hooo, SO will be here next weekend

Woe, I wish it was this weekend

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 8:01pm
My WOO HOO is I finally got my iPad, I got it from a co-worker for $250. My woe is my sister washed my bus keys & I'm not sure if the key fob will work {it is a remote locking}
~~Sam stitches well with others, runs with scissors in her pocket. Cheerful and stupid.