Not doing Flu Shots

iVillage Member
Not doing Flu Shots
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 1:53pm

I realize this could easily turn in to a debate, and for that, I'm sorry.  If it does turn into a debate, I ask that everyone be respectful of the other person's decision.  :smileyhappy:

My family and I do NOT do flu shots at all, but this year my dr is really pushing me into it due to the pregnancy.  A few years back, we opted to not take the shots anymore, as the last year we did, we STILL got the flu!  We got a strand of the virus that was not covered with the shot.  Once that happens, you pretty much give up on it.  The flu shot was pointless that year. 

Last year, we all got the flu, but fought it off with meds from the doctor, and really it wasn't too bad.  The doctor freaked out more than I did.  LoL

So with all that being said, our Flu shot decision is personal, and I would really like for no one to try to change my mind about it. :smileywink:

If you feel like sharing, will you be getting the shot?

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 12:28pm

I'm on the fence also.. never had the flu and never had the flu shot.  The only reason i am thinking about getting it now is because i am pregnant and have a 11 mo old.  on the fence on if i should get the 11 mo old the shot too.. he isn't in daycare but the lady that does watch him has a child that is sick often. plus if i get it for the 11 mo old then maybe it will be less of a chance for this baby to get it next spring.  who knows.. i hate making decisions.

----"Never give up on something that you can't stop thinking about every second of every day."----

Chris 

Pages