Debate

iVillage Member
Debate
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 10:48pm

I think Romney was way better tonight than Obama.

To confirm it, I switched on MSNBC after the debate. They are having an absolute panic attack over it, I thought Chris Mathews was about to cry.

iVillage Member
In reply to: willat0660
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 3:00pm

I agree that Romney appeared better in Wed night's debate.  It's a good thing, though, that most viewers aren't stupid enough to believe the guy.  He provided lots of goodies for the dems to add to their non-stop clips of "the real Romney" vs. "the fake Romney." 

I don't believe he convinced any intelligent independents he should be pres, but he might have picked up a few clueless ones. 

-----------------------------------------------
http://www.pnhp.org/news/2009/october/meet_the_new_health_.php

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQTBYQlQ7yM

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 10:19am

Information, esp. of a biased or misleading nature

And there it is. The entire Obama campaign is based on misleading people.

And really, I'm sure you know that there is a bigger picture to what Romney is saying about cutting PBS, right? Or do I have to explain it?

And talk about being Presidential, Obama has lowered the office again with his "jerk around" comment. Just a little bit, this time. But please, we need someone in there that can at least behave like a President.

And really, could he act like he wants to be there? I mean, is it a little to much trouble for him to get in front of the American people and explain himself? I know he had to cut out a round of golf for this, but he has been able to play quite a lot of golf since he took office.

iVillage Member
In reply to: jabberwocka
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 7:26am

No.  Defining unpalatable facts as propaganda does not, in any way, fit the definition of "propaganda":
prop·a·gan·da/ˌpräpəˈgandə/
Noun:    

Information, esp. of a biased or misleading nature [bolding mine], used to promote or publicize a particular political cause or point of view.
    The dissemination of such information as a political strategy.

I am sure that conservatives were heartened to see their candidate perform (stress on that word, BTW) better than he has in the past, but as Songwright pointed out, there are still major flaws with his platform.  Getting rid of public funding for PBS pretty much shows that he's fixated on the picayune, just for the sake of making a "statement".  NOT presidential at all.   

Jabberwocka

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 9:07pm

Well, most of that stuff is democrat propaganda, which he was quite effective against last night. People got to hear it from him, not the propaganda machine, and they liked what they heard.

iVillage Member
In reply to: gal_callie
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 12:32pm

I think Romney gave a good performance last night and said the right things. Obama certainly helped him by taking the high road not mentioning the 47%, Bain, etc. 

I think that before people believe that he is "not going to do bad things to them" they will need to see more details and evaluations of those details from bipartisan experts.

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 8:24am

I think it was the first chance for people to see him unfiltered. They got to see that he is not some big, bad business man that is trying to take away your (fill in the blank). They might now see that he is smart, not going to do bad things to them, and voting for him might not be such a bad idea.

I think he was able to wipe away months of propaganda from the other side, in one night.

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 1:21am
Yeah, he won the debate for sure. How much do you think it will help him?