what has helped you?

iVillage Member
what has helped you?
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 7:02am

For me:  time, a busy life, and photography are helping to keep my busy and content enough that I hope to overcome the hurdle of gender disappointment.  I still have down days but they are becoming few and far between.

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 3:34pm

I'm glad that it's getting easier for you, I remember how hard it is when the disappointment is really weighing you down. For me, I think it's just taken time. I knew after I had my last that I was at my limit for children :smileyhappy: Maybe that helped knowing that it was more about my sanity and what I could handle?

I still get a little envious at times, but not too much because I've realized that I just make a better boy mom than I would have a girl mom. My boys are older and are a lot more independent, and it's not worth it to me at this point to lose my freedom even for a girl. I hope that doesn't sound too crass, but it's just how I feel now. I do enjoy spending time when I can with nieces, they are all reaching their teens and are fun to talk with.  I just wish I lived closer so I could see them more often.  

Thanks for posting this, great question!