Anyone working on potty training older siblings?

iVillage Member
Anyone working on potty training older siblings?
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 7:49am

I'm just curious if there's anyone with toddlers that's working on potty training right now.  I'd love to be able to swap ideas and training tips.  I have two older girls, but this is my first attempt potty training a boy, lol.  So far I'm following his cue and not pushing very hard.  He pulls on his diaper when wet, brings me a fresh diaper when he needs to be changed and occasionally will pee on the potty.  I haven't bought training pants yet, but that will be my next step.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 12:46pm

Gracie (27 months) was doing Fantastically...until the past few weeks.....she is having OOPSIES. I think this is part acting out, and part that mommy has her hands full and NOT paying attention!

On her school days.....she stays dry IN panties all day.

At home..we use a potty clock. (a kitchen timer)..... Every 30 minutes it goes off..and she gets excited and says POTTY CLOCK!!!! Once she goes potty..and washed her hands...she gets to add a sticker to her potty chart and gets a potty treat (one smartie).....

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 5:22pm

I also have a 27 month old that is currently potty training. We do the potty clock, set for every 20 or 30 minutes depending on whether or not she's had a lot to drink. :smileywink: She gets one gummie bear for going pee and two gummie bears (okay, one ripped in half--she doesn't know any different) for going poop. We skipped training pants and went straight to undies. She LOVES Disney/Pixar "Cars" so we bought her some Lightening McQueen and Mater underpants. They are boys pants but oh well. LOL It was the only thing that would really motivate her to want to wear them.

Honestly, the thing that's motivated her the most so far is getting to wash her hands after she goes. She loves to play in the sink so it's like a reward or something.

BabyFetus Ticker