Pain, Soreness, and A LOT of pressure "Down There"

iVillage Member
Pain, Soreness, and A LOT of pressure "Down There"
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 8:14am

Just lastnight I started have some vaginal pain and sorness, not my actual vagina, but more around it I guess, the the muscles or something, and A LOT of pressure. It feels like I can feel the baby's head grinding on my bones or something.

Is anyone else to this point? My doctor told me he thought I'd be having an October baby... Does it sound like I should be getting ready for the big day to you?

Thanks Ladies!

Photobucket
iVillage Member

To answer your question, maybe?  When my nurse midwife told me last pregnancy that she thought I'd be having an October baby instead of November, she was right.  My DD was born 10/29, but was due 11/8.  Your ticker says you're having an October baby.  It says you only have 21 days left. 

Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
I have pains down there, the feeling of pressure and some pains across my belly as well. I've definitely grown a lot since my last doctor's visit because she said today that I'll probably have to have a growth ultrasound if he continues to get bigger at this pace. His shoulders seem to get lodged into my hip joint he is so low. I particularly feel this at night when I'm trying to sleep on my side. I go back in 2 weeks, so we'll see where I'm measuring then.
Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
My DH was out of town the majority of the last two weeks. He accused me of force feeding my belly it has grown so much. I have an appointment tomorrow. I'll be interested to to see if I'm still measuring ahead - I was last time by a week or two.

Jules - Happily married and Momma to DS, DD and expecting our Caboose Baby 11/24/2012

iVillage Member

Well, I just got back from my 33 week appointment.  And I measured spot on at 33.  And I only gained 1 pound from my last visit.  so, I don't know.  Maybe since my DH has been active with Lily he's just "seeing" my size now.  lol  He pats my belly and rubs it and she's usually responds pretty quickly and will just wiggle under his hand.  He usually goes to sleep with one hand under my stomach and one hand on top.  :-)  As I left for work one day, he was telling me bye and he leaned to my tummy and said, "Bye Squirmy."  And I said that she'd not moved very much yet that morning.  And he said, no, because she was moving around all night.  lol  I guess I go to sleep and the two of them just stay up and party all night!  Ha!  He says she's in training for kickboxing and that's when they train. 

Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Coconutbread - my dh came home from work last night (9pm ish) took one look at me and said "wth happened to you?" I was so confused and had no idea what he was talking about. Apparently my belly took a huge growth spurt between when he saw me at supper (5pm) and when he came home. He's lucky I love him :smileyhappy:
Proud Mom to Annika (4), Jamie (3), and 4 angels. Anxiously awaiting Baby #3!
iVillage Member

DH was just telling me that he could tell a big difference in the last week in my belly.  I have a checkup today, so I guess we'll see what I measure.  I don't feel like it's that much bigger...I mean...I already felt big.  lol I guess I have noticed that getting up from a lying position did get a lot harder this week. I'm not having any pressure and yesterday my pain was less. I'm hoping I just hit a growth spurt or something and that caused the stuff I was having.

Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
It does seem we're all getting to that VERY uncomfortable place, doesn't it! I've had so many people tell me this week that they would be shocked if I made it past 36-37 weeks this time. We shall see!

Jules - Happily married and Momma to DS, DD and expecting our Caboose Baby 11/24/2012

iVillage Member
Funny you should ask - I started a thread yesterday pretty much on the same topic "Seriously no room left!" Seems like allot or most all of us are experiencing these discomforts already. My pelvis has been killing me for weeks (ever since he attached himself to my cervix) and I am not sure he can really grow any bigger without growing out of my body. If you find a way to relieve the pain please share!
Proud Mom to Annika (4), Jamie (3), and 4 angels. Anxiously awaiting Baby #3!