Planned or Surprise?

iVillage Member
Planned or Surprise?
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 8:25am

At a gathering to celebrate the launch of her new party-planning book, celebraTORI, at NYC's Make Meaning, Tori Spelling admitted that her fourth pregnancy with husband Dean McDermott wasn't exactly planned. 

"All my friends keep asking me that: 'Was it planned?' Seriously, Hattie was one-month-old. Do you think it was planned? I was up all night with feedings. I don't know how he got that...to make this."

Read More http://www.ivillage.com/tori-spelling-says-fourth-pregnancy-was-unplanned/6-a-441215#ixzz1r5CZmZUT 

How about you? Was this pregnancy something you planned or is your little blessing a big surprise?

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-24-2012 - 7:47am

I'm going to say both.  We wanted to start trying in a few months, so I was charting my temps (although not really paying attention to them) and we didn't BD until day 20, so I thought we would be fine...guess not!  We have experienced IF in the past and had to go through treatments and IUI to get my twin boys, so I'm shocked that it happened naturally this time.  Let's hope this baby sticks around for awhile!  

Robin

Mom to 2-year old twin boys, Dawson & Devin

TTC #3

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-12-2012 - 2:35pm
Planned... just barely made it under our self-placed deadline. :-) DD will be one month shy of 4 years old when this one is born.

Kate

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-12-2012 - 10:18am

Not planned here. However, we decided that we would start using NFP (natural family planning) in an effort to avoid but I guess it didn't exactly work!  The last day he "finished" in me was on cycle day 8 and I thought for sure that was a safe amount of time but I guess not! We have 3 other children... all girls ages 8, 6 and 23 months.

Siggy
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-11-2012 - 2:33am

Still waiting to get my official BFP, but at this point I've been having nausea, for a few days, feeling tired for a week, and sore boobs for nearly 2 weeks, not to mention more, pee pee trips, cramping last Sunday, and a feeling of feeling full down there, gas (tmi), bloating that comes and go, crazy sense of smell (did you know that if you walk in front of a KFC with a sharp sniffer you can smell the half raw chicken being cooked?). Basically I am having ALL the pregnancy symptoms I had with my daughter BEFORE AF even showed up.

And the best of all? it's totally UNPLANNED, I have been back on the BCP since giving birth to my DD and not being able to breastfeed, this month I haven't even missed a pill, or taken one late, or have been sick or even taking medications other than metformin whcih is for my massive insulin resistance that is PCOS induced!
So I actually had to do all the math backward yesterday to even know when my last period started, I know it starts the Monday after I stopped taking the one from the last pack and I go back on it the thursday the same week AF shows up, but before yesterday even under threat of dismemberment I could not have told you the exact calendar date, simply because I was not planning for anything LOL
It's however not unwanted at all, DH and I have been thinking of starting TTC for our second next year sometimes, so if it happens I am pregnant this time, then be it we are thrilled and happy to be, a bit anxious on how we will manage as our daughter is quite hyper and slightly speech delayed and the idea of dealing with two kids is understandably a bit scarry at time, but yeah we are not hating the idea of being preggo at all.