BTDT Ladies- What Does It Feel Like...

iVillage Member
BTDT Ladies- What Does It Feel Like...
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 9:11am

... when your water breaks?

During her pregnancy, baby-carrying Jessica Simpson declared that when her water breaks “it will be like a fire hydrant!” (Hilarious visual ensues.) The reason for the flood gates? As she explained to Jimmy Kimmel, her unborn baby girl was apparently swimming in a whole lot of amniotic fluid. So does a lot of liquid equal a crazy water rush? Not always. 

Jessica Simpson Thinks Her Water Breaking "Will Be Like a Fire Hydrant." What Was It Like for You?- http://www.ivillage.com/pregnant-jessica-simpson-her-water-breaking/6-a-437095

BTDT ladies- what did it feel like when your water broke?  Was it a slow leak? Trickle? Huge gush? Share your experience with us!

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 9:35am
Mine has never spontaneously ruptured. I have had it broken for me twice. Both times, it was a slow leak and I was in the hospital. I'm probably not the best person to answer this one!

Jules - Happily married and Momma to DS, DD and expecting our Caboose Baby 11/24/2012

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 1:09pm
I don't know what it feels like either - first time it was artificially ruptured during labour and the second time it broke at some point in labour. Both times I was too distracted to remember much other than general wetness.
Proud Mom to Annika (4), Jamie (3), and 4 angels. Anxiously awaiting Baby #3!
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 1:58pm

My water only broke on its own once.  Then, it was a small gush, then a lot of trickling. The 3 times my water was broken, it did feel like a gush, but I was on my back, so I don't know about the trickling part.

theresa-2.gif picture by forceps40

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 2:04pm

1st baby it was broken for me, but yes it was a huge gush. 2nd baby it broke on its own as i was waiting for a bed in an actual laboring room, not as huge a gush that time. 3rd, it broke at 9.5 cm, and it was again a huge gush....funny when it broke on it's own with my 2nd, the nurse said let me check....ummm i know it was my water. enough to be very wet  and with no drugs, i knew exactly what it was lol

Lilypie Maternity tickers