Is anyone dressing up for Halloween either for a party or to be festive?

iVillage Member
Is anyone dressing up for Halloween either for a party or to be festive?
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 9:51am

Will you incorporate your belly into your costume idea?  What are your plans? 

BabyName Ticker
iVillage Member
Lol...that's great!!!!
 BabyName Ticker
iVillage Member

My birthday is 2 days before halloween, so i am super festive for the holiday! This year I'm going to be an oven with a bun in it, and my hubby is going to be a chef :smileyhappy:.   I always wanted to do that cosume if I was pregnant for halloween.  I was thinking of putting a bow or a bowtie on the bun if its a boy or a girl, but I find out on the 29th (my birthday :smileyhappy:) and if I go anywhere in costume itll probably be over the weekend before I know....

iVillage Member
And it always smushes everything together! So much for the return button...
iVillage Member
We dress up when we take the kids trick or treating. I'm guessing its going to be really cold this year so I'm not doing a costume where I paint my belly! I found a list that had some pretty good ideas. http://www.pregnancyandbaby.com/pregnancy/articles/945275/35-halloween-maternity-costume-ideas I hope the link works, I'm on the iPad and never can get things to work out as well as they do on the computer. I like the skeleton mom and the Juno ideas best.
iVillage Member

We usually throw a big Halloween party but not sure I'm up to it this year.  I guess we really need to discuss it.  I'm thinking of wearing all black, getting spider earrings, fake webbing to drape on myself and attach those plastic spiders all over it.  Then I will look into some of those face stickers that look like webbing and do my eyes up like this:

http://fashionindie.com/extreme-beauty-eyes/6192518207157505_fwymerts_f/#gallery

I love Halloween!  Not really incorporating the belly but still fun!

BabyName Ticker
iVillage Member

I'm hosting a Halloween party with a bunch of family members and a few friends.  I researched pregnant costumes online and have narrowed it down to 3 possibilties (depending on which one I can get my husband to cooperate with!).  The first one is: I'll dress as a 'white trash' guy with a beer belly (wife beater shirt, jeans, boots, mullet wig)....my husband would dress as a woman in a moo-moo or whatever (doubt I can get him to do that!).  The other is I'll dress as an angel with a sign that says, "The devil made me do it."  ...husband would obviously dress as a devil.  Or my last option is ...the oh-so-popular pregnant cheerleader with husband as the football player. 

So we'll see...maybe I'll find another idea before I decide! 

-Kim

iVillage Member
I always dress up with my kids for several different Halloween events. I've been looking up some good ideas online that incorporate the belly. I've never done a "pregnant" costume before, but thought it would be fun to try this time around!
Proud mama to 3 princesses... Anna Jubilee (6), Sadie Lael, (4) and Abigail Lo
iVillage Member

Oh my!  I haven't even thought of this yet!  I'll probably just wear a Halloween shirt to pass out candy.  I won't get to go trick or treating with the boys this year due to the moderate bedrest and restrictions.  We should all post pictures of ourselves on Halloween!  :smileyhappy:

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker