Because I Know No Boundaries...Might Be TMI

iVillage Member
Because I Know No Boundaries...Might Be TMI
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 10:43am

Who is still having sex on a regular basis?

I wouldn't go right to "regular basis" around here.  Mostly, I'm just trying to be nice to DH because he's been doing SO MUCH around the house at night for me and I know it's important to him.  Given our recent grievances about the sizes of our bellies and our level of discomfort, I'm sure I'm not the only one who wishes that the ol' sex drive would put it in park for a while. 

Even though I'm "being nice", I can't say I'm not enjoying it.  But there is a fine line between "enjoying it" and "OMG, HURRY UP ALREADY."  It's awkward and I'm huge. 

How about y'all?

Jules - Happily married and Momma to DS, DD and expecting our Caboose Baby 11/24/2012

Pages

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 12:22pm

Lol!

Yes, we still are, but it's sooooo awkward! Seriously, there's no "great" position. I'd like to amp things up a little to take advantage of those prostaglandins, but even the hubby is a little discouraged by the size of my belly. I've even tried to google best positions, and I'm too big now for ALL of them, and it's only going downhill frome here, I'm afraid.

My doctor gave us the go ahead to have sex to get things moving (even though he said it wasn't medically proven), and my poor, deflated husband just walked out of there with a green light to have all the sex he wants, knowing good and well the pickin's were slim.

theresa-2.gif picture by forceps40

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 12:32pm

We are still doing it several times a week... BUT... sometimes I do get the "Hurry up already!!!" thought in my head. I feel like we have only been able to do one position for so long, that im tired of doing it, DH has no where to put his hands anymore lol I fight to keep the blanket over my WHOLE body, cause I dont want to see anything jiggling that aint suppose to! Its just getting to hard to do, but we still try.

My husband works a lot and is tired a lot by the time we get dont doing everything we gotta do in a day, I am secretly happy sometimes when he falls asleep as soon as we get in bed! SHHH! Dont tell him! lol

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 12:45pm
Well, I am not on that boat this time which is very strange to me. With my girls I truly couldn't get enough but this time I could care less if I was ever touched - I would think it would be the opposite bc of the extra boy hormones. I can probably count the number of times that we dtd this pg on one hand (strange swelling down below made it uncomfortable) - most recently last week and that was the first since the end of July!!!

Regardless of how I feel I am going to suck it up so that my cervix gets exposed to the extra prostglandins from semen, anything to help labour along (and at this point I wouldn't be sad if the baby came tomorrow)
Proud Mom to Annika (4), Jamie (3), and 4 angels. Anxiously awaiting Baby #3!
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 12:52pm
mommy2moz wrote:

I've even tried to google best positions, and I'm too big now for ALL of them, and it's only going downhill frome here, I'm afraid.

Have you tried lying on the edge of the bed or other suitable height surface (you can prop your back with pillows so that you aren't flat on your back) and dh standing at the edge? That wouldn't put any pressure on the belly. The next best one for no belly pressure would probably be 'doggie style' and you can support your upper body with lots of pillows. 

Haha, I love the green light go ahead... get it while it still exists because soon we will be disinterested for a completly different reason :smileyhappy: 

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 2:14pm
SO GLAD I'm not the only one who is thinking that the best aspect of sex at this point is to get that cervix SOFT.

Also glad I'm not the only one who keeps my body covered to minimize the jiggle factor.

If find it HILARIOUS that the whole thing that got us here is THE LAST thing on our minds right now!!

Jules - Happily married and Momma to DS, DD and expecting our Caboose Baby 11/24/2012

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 3:43pm

Well... we just aren't doing it at all.  I have very mixed emotions about it.  Early on, I was kind of weird about it because I was afraid of the cramps after O causing me to miscarry or some mess.  Also, I was gassy and tired and I just wasn't feeling it.  But then, I got over it and was all ready and told him multiple times that I was passed all the other stuff...but he's just not been interested.  Next thing ya know...I've got this belly popping out everywhere and I guess...well shoot I don't know.  I've asked him, but he doesn't really give me a good answer.  But, he's got to go out of town for work 2 weeks before my due date for about 3 days.  So, we're pretty nervous about that.  Maybe it's a good thing we're not.  lol 

Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 4:51pm
You're not alone, coconutbread. We're not either. My DH has always been "weirded" out by it, thinking in some way he might harm the baby. That bothered me more last pg when I was more in the mood, but this time, I could care less. Not missing it... much.
Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 5:04pm
I wish! It's been around 7 months. And if DH isn't back til Isaac is a few months old...well that will make it around a year sex free. Dang!

Julie - eagerly awaiting DH's homecoming & the arrival of our first DS, due 11/29/12

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 5:39pm
Tabigale wrote:
mommy2moz wrote:

I've even tried to google best positions, and I'm too big now for ALL of them, and it's only going downhill frome here, I'm afraid.

Have you tried lying on the edge of the bed or other suitable height surface (you can prop your back with pillows so that you aren't flat on your back) and dh standing at the edge? That wouldn't put any pressure on the belly. The next best one for no belly pressure would probably be 'doggie style' and you can support your upper body with lots of pillows. 

Haha, I love the green light go ahead... get it while it still exists because soon we will be disinterested for a completly different reason :smileyhappy: 

No! But that's such a good idea! Honestly, I've been flat on my back and that just doesn't work anymore. The doggie style thing is one that SO doesn't work anymore. It's like the angle of entry has changed for some reason, lol!

theresa-2.gif picture by forceps40

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 7:06pm
jujub85 wrote:
I wish! It's been around 7 months. And if DH isn't back til Isaac is a few months old...well that will make it around a year sex free. Dang!

That would kill me! I always alway always want what I can't have (just ask dh, it is his biggest pet peve about me).

You must hate us all talking about sex like this. I am guessing that regardless of how tired you are when dh gets home there will be some fireworks :smileyvery-happy:

Pages