Pinterest Ideas!

iVillage Member
Pinterest Ideas!
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 11:00am

I hope I'm not the only one who loves Pinterest!  Since I'm now a SAHM, I've have bounds of time to search Pinterest for nursery, knitting, and photo ideas for our little princess!  

Here is a tenative picture of what her nursery will look like:  same colors will be used with white furniture...

Pinned Image

Here are just a few knitting projects I'm going to do for her: 

Pinned Image

Pinned Image

Baby Slippers Knitting Pattern

And check out the headbands I'm going to make!

Baby Girl baby-photographyFlower Headbands - Easy!!infant girl  by erin elizabeth

This is so cute, so I'll be doing this, too!

infant girl bloomers ---awwwww

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 11:02am

Please feel free to share any ideas you have gotton from Pinterest!  :smileyhappy:

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 11:18am

I'm a Pinterest addict as well :smileywink: .  We are going with gray painted walls with white trim and just waiting to see if it's boy/girl to decide if we will go either blue curtains/bedding for boy or pink or lavender for girl.  I also want to stencil our white dressers when I find out boy/girl.  Thinking airplanes for boy and not sure for girl....maybe butterflies....will have to go out and check out the stencils.

I have a few nurseries pinned to my "home" board on pinterest too!

BabyName Ticker
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 11:30am

Yay!  I can't wait until you find out, Dani! 

I'm going to paint a big white tree on the wall where her changing table will be.  On the tree, I'm going to paint some light pink and white flowers on the branches with a few flowers falling around the changing table. I'm so excited and can't wait to get started!  LoL 

Our biggest decision right now is deciding if we are going to give all three boys our master bedroom, or putting them all in the medium size room we have.  Either way, they all have to share a room.  Once we make the decision and get them all together, then I can start on her room! 

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 11:54am
Can you fit bunk beds for your 6&7 year olds and then another single bed for your 3 y/o in the mid sized room? I'd hate giving up my master!!!

I love the tree painting idea with the flowers....so girlie!
 BabyName Ticker
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 12:24pm

Yes, we can fit the bunks and a single in there, but I just hate having three kids in that room when it's only Josh and I in our room.  *sigh*  Maybe after I paint that room a lighter color, it won't feel so crammed.  I may do the same gray in there as I will in the baby's room.  We will certainly have to figure out a new way to organize the closet!  LoL 

There I go; thinking out loud!

If the housing market wasn't so bad here, we'd sell the house and buy a farm house!  *sigh again!* 

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 5:40pm

OMG....just saw the headbands that you are planning to make.  How did I miss that earlier.  So cute!

I think the gray is so versatile.  Let's see if my links work.  I don't like, per se, how these rooms are decorated but I like the teal/gray or teal/lavender purple combos for boy/girl.  I would just incorporate the colors and decorate differently.

http://houseofroseblog.com/nursery-ideas-gray-and-white/

http://www.potterybarnkids.com/room/rom/romgnr/romnurdhlenv/

BabyName Ticker
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 8:42pm

Dani, I love thosse pictures!  I'm sure your nursery is going to be gorgeous!  I really love the girl's walls!

Here is the blanket I found to base her whole room around!  LoL  I always go for that one piece that speaks to me.  =)

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 8:56pm

Bigmommairb (sorry, forgot your real name!  LoL),

I am really nesting, too!  It sucks so bad when you have limited money and no room!  LoL  My dad and my husband will be working on the boys room this weekend.  We have bunk beds, but they are separated on the floor right now.  The men will be reinforcing and stacking them together.  After that's done, they'll move Collin out of the nursery and into the room with the other two.  Then I can get going!  Woot!

Next weekend, we are going to paint.  I want to get all the painting done before it gets too cold, so we can keep the windows open for a few days. 

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 11:50pm

How adorable!  I love pinterest too... I go in phases though...  sometimes a crazy pinner for days & then don't go on for a while.  But my favorite things to find are recipes & kids stuff (esp bday party ideas)!

I love all the stuff you are planning for your baby girl!  I can't wait to find out so I can start planning & doing more!  I also love gray walls... I'd love to go that route if I had bought white nursery furniture, but we have a natural light wood.  But that is such an elegant & clean look!