waving hi!

iVillage Member
waving hi!
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 11:13am

Hi. I am new to this board. I am a SAHM but not by choice. I love it though. I have a medical condition my dr won't release me to go back to work with. I spend my days with my littles (3yr old girl and 4yr old boy) and bonus kids I sit for. I have one in middle school this year adn a husband who works a ton of midnight hours which means he sleeps all day. I enjoy scrapbooking, playing on my computer, listening to my kids laugh and play and working with jr. high ministry at church. I love my life and my family. I couldn't ask for better!

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 6:59am

It totally depends because I do drop in care. I got 2 super cute new kids this morning. I have a little boy every mon and every other wed. I get a boy when mom helps in othe childs class. A mom works for a temp agency and I get her daughter when she gets an assignment. I also get 16mo old twins and their newborn sister when mom and dads schedules conflict. Those 3 we even keep overnight.

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 12:52pm
Welcome! I've been home with the kids since my oldest was about 15 months old, so it's been about seven years.

Does your DH work on weekends too? That schedule sounds really tough.
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 2:05pm

Welcome to the board!  My name is Rhae and I'm a SAHM to three boys ages 5, 2, and 9 months.  Your house really does sound like a zoo.  Kudos to you for taking on all the bonus kids (I like that term!) when you're dealing with fibro as well.  My mum recently got diagnosed -- I know it's not easy.

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 4:39pm
jenastar wrote:
Welcome! I've been home with the kids since my oldest was about 15 months old, so it's been about seven years.

Does your DH work on weekends too? That schedule sounds really tough.

He does a 2 on 2 off 3 on 2 off 2 on 3 off repeat rotation. So he works every other weekend. He works 12 hours shifts from 6pm to 6am, until 10am if they let him. He also tries to get in 2 extra full shifts per pay period to make up for me not working. He finished up this morning at 6, got home at 9 (stopped at gym to decompress), bed at 10:30 will get up at 4 then I have him until about 1pm on Monday when he goes back to bed. He will get up at 3:30, get ready for work, eat and be out the door by 5. off at 6, gym, home and in bed by 10. Repeat for Tues. Wed repeat Friday morning process. Get up around 4, eat, go to church. THurs he will go to bed around 1pm and work Thurs (extra shift), Fri, Sat, Sunday. He will finish up Monday morning again but go in TUes (extra shift), Wed and Thru. I spend a lot of time parenting alone. 

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 4:40am
I'm also new here. Welcome to us
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 11:10am
vie31 wrote:
I'm also new here. Welcome to us

Yes, agreed. Welcome to us! LOL

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 11:02pm

Welcome to the board!

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-09-2012 - 2:39pm
dukecrazi wrote:

Wow!!!! I'm tired just reading his schedule.

Don't I know it. I get so frustrated when people try and tell us to A) send me out to get a full time job. Nevermind the physical issues I have but when do I work and not have to pay through the nose for childcare? B) say he should get a second job. Again, when???? I can tell you from experience that most employers that would hire for pt would not want to work with his rotating schedule. I worked at McDonalds for years and they complained about it all the time! C)Does the man not deserve sleep or family time? I mean really. He does try to pick up an extra 4-12 hours ot every week but geez louise! It is nice though that I can look ahead and know what he works Christmas of 2015 if I need to!