OT- Favorite Halloween Candy?

iVillage Member
OT- Favorite Halloween Candy?
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 11:31am

I'm seriously craving all the Halloween candy that's out on the shelves right now! I'm hoping that maybe if I talk about it, it'll help get it out of my system and I won't go buy it? So, what's your favorite Halloween candy? Do you raid your kids' stash after trick-or-treating? :smileytongue:

Last year I got waaaayyy too addicted to the snack size bars of 3- Musketeers. :smileyembarrassed:

My oldest son JUST recently in the past year or so has started liking Hershey and other candy bars. He's 13! My youngest son, age 9, still doesn't care much for them. He'd much rather have the Dum Dums or gummi-type candy. Neither one of them like M&M's. My kids are WEIRD!

Lisa 

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 12:53pm
I like 100 Grand Bars and chocolate in general. I let my kids pick out special things that they want to keep for themselves and put it in their candy dishes (which is a little plastic bucket) that we leave out all year long. Since it's out all the time, they hardly notice it and I often end up throwing stuff away from the previous holiday when we get to the next one... (Easter stuff is about to be thrown out!). The rest of the Halloween Candy is split between a donation at school (and they send it to the military) and a general reserve container for the whole family- so I get mine from there. I said they didn't earn all of it because I take them around, dad man's the door at home, we purchase treats for other kids, we purchase batteries for flashlights, we put time and/or money into their costumes... so I do my share of work and I deserve some treats!
Community Leader
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 2:08pm
I like Twix bars & Milky Ways.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 2:24pm
jenlivi2 wrote:
 I said they didn't earn all of it because I take them around, dad man's the door at home, we purchase treats for other kids, we purchase batteries for flashlights, we put time and/or money into their costumes... so I do my share of work and I deserve some treats!

Oooohh..I like your thinking! I definitely feel less guilty about eating out my kids' stashes now! :smileyhappy: