Weekend $$ Plans?

iVillage Member
Weekend $$ Plans?
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 12:45pm

I know we are going to a friend's place on Monday for Thanksgiving here in Canada. I am going to bring a hostess gift I already have from Avon instead of food. The amount of food just gets ridiculous sometimes or I might make a salad.

We don't have too much planned here that I know of. 

What is everyone doing this weekend? Pricey or Frugal plans?

Community Leader
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 1:02pm
DD volleyball game and concert Saturday night. The tickets were only $10 each plus fees.

I am really excited! Cover bands for Bon Jovi, Guns n' Roses and Journey. For $10 I will enjoy the tribute over the real thing.

Serenity
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 1:19pm

Nothing big here...

I work tomorrow and I may volunteer to help at the pumpkin patch at my wee one's school but I'm not sure yet.  Saturday DD has dance class and I work in the afternoon then we're staying so she can swim for a little while :smileyhappy:  Sunday is another work day.

I need to fit grocery shopping in there somewhere.

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 3:22pm
Tomorrow is my grocery shopping day. I am going to spend as little as possible!

Saturday we are going to a fall festival at our local arboretum. No charge to get in, but we will buy lunch there. We look forward to going every year. I have cash set aside for this, but am motivated to not spend it all so I can go back and buy more groceries if needed.

Sunday will be the usual church/chilling out at home.

Monday the kids are off of school for Columbus Day. Looking forward to staying home and spending nothing!
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 3:39pm

Clean out the garage so I can store my winter plants before it turns cool this weekend.  Hubby is on vacation next week, so he will spend some pocket money on diesel for the tractor so he can finish bush hogging the fields.  We are lucky this year that his uncle & dad gave away the two lower pastures to the neighbors to mow for hay for their cattle.  That saves DH from having to mow it twice a year.  He does not have the time and we don't have to purchase the diesel for the tractor.  We purchase the hay for our horse since this in not really hay that you would feed a horse.  Cows will eat just about anything but a  horse needs a little nicer blend of grasses and not so many weeds.  That's why cow have two stomachs!  

I'm still gathering  9 - 10  eggs a day from my chickens.  I NEVER buy eggs, but when the cold weather arrives this will slow down & gradually stop.  DH is suppose to be selling them at the co-op but he's been giving them away.  Oh well, the chicken don't eat that much corn, only about $15 a month. 

Have a great weekend.  I 'm planning on staying at home.

Norma

"Patience is the best remedy for every trouble"- Plautus

Community Leader
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 5:12pm
((((Saturday we are going to a fall festival at our local arboretum. No charge to get in,))))

Seems harder and harder to find things with no admission charge. A lot of things around here have a suggested donation, so at least in a pinch you don't HAVE to put any money in.

Our local art fair is now chain linked with an admission charge, pumpkin patches are any where from $5 on up to enter and even a lot of the state parks along the river now have a day use fee.

I can accept "taking it" once you get in. At least then you have a choice. But some of these admission prices just kill me. Especially the ones that are upward of $10.

I love the area I live in, but sad when you feel like you can't afford to attend local attractions that others come to as a destination.

At least so far the beach is free!
Serenity
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 11:15pm

That's fantastic. I wonder if fresh eggs taste any different...I've had them :smileyhappy:

As to this weekend, no babysitters so I should save!

Sat, Dh will probably buy the boys drinks at the arena while I play ($6).

I'm going to be baking and cooking all day Sun but I have all the stuff for that. We'll buy some fruit $20 for the boys.

Monday we are staying home with no Thanksgiving plans. DH wanted to invite his mother over for dinner but I don't feel like cooking anything special. (well, special to me - I'm doing cauliflower pizza on Sun!!)

Dee

iVillage Member
Sat, 10-06-2012 - 8:50pm
Everyone's weekends sound so fall-y and festive. We are home this weekend and I want to shop for floor covering for what was our home office, that is going back to a "sun room" or a sitting room with lots of windows. I want linoleum, the kind that looks like tile, DH wants burber. Looks like he will win, burber is 1/3 cheaper.
We went out with friends on Friday, have a party with our alumni group on Saturday at a local restaurant and celebrating my mom's birthday on Sunday.
So yep, spendy!
But next week should be up at the cabin and almost free, as we have enough food up there.
-Marie
#Marie