A Mind -Body -Spirit Retreat to Elevate Self-Esteem?

iVillage Member
A Mind -Body -Spirit Retreat to Elevate Self-Esteem?
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 1:04pm

I have a vision for a retreat, with the intention to help women discover their voice and align with their true authentic values (separate from their husband, boyfriends, friends and even parents, particularly separate from their mothers).

I'd love to hear thoughts on this.  Here is my vision, but I'd love to hear more ideas:

A beautiful sunny, mountainous - lake destination, surrounded by nature, waking up at 7 am for yoga and meditation outside with a cool breeze (or sleeping in), followed by a nutritious and detox friendly breakfast. Time to relax at the spa with a facial or massage, time play outdoors hiking, kayaking, swimming, biking, time to learn and grow in gatherings and journal writing, time laugh with new women friends and enjoy social dinners in the evening. I want a retreat that expands my mind, nourishes my body and lifts my spirit! This is what I would like to CREATE for me and you. Please share your thoughts to make this idea even better ♥

iVillage Member

I thought you might enjoy reading about another retreat, completely different yet still embracing the strengths of women and especially empowerment and the sisterhood.  The group refers to themselves as Asgarda.  Hope you find it interesting.

http://www.planet-mag.com/2009/art/jenna-martin/asgarda/

iVillage Member

your ideas are wonderful! i personally don't have the money to go on such a relaxing trip, but i can certainly try to implement some of your suggestions into my daily routine so that every day is like a little retreat for me. i am going to print out your list and post it on my fridge!

iVillage Member

I'm so happy to hear that :smileyhappy:  It encourages me to keep developing this idea.  I started a new blog called "Discover Your Happiness." I'll post information that I find inspiring for people to reconnect with their authentic self; including details of planning the retreat and hopefully follow up from the first one tentatively planned for January 2013 :smileyhappy:

Thanks again for your comments!

If you're interested, here is the blog link: http://discoveryourhappiness.wordpress.com/

iVillage Member

Thank your for sharing!

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-11-2012 - 6:07pm

This looks likes something the women of ivilliage would really enjoy!!! I'll be on the call for sure!  It's free.

http://femininepower.com/online-course/free-online-class/in/

Here is a brief description:  

"Awakening a new, co-creative feminine power holds the key to our personal and planetary potential.

The good news is that there is a vibrant, life-enriching alternative to masculine power that is fully within reach for every awakening woman. We call it “feminine power”–and it has the power to transform your life from the inside out.

Unlike masculine power, which is the power to create things that can be controlled, feminine power is the power to manifest that which is beyond our control, including those things that our heart most yearns for–intimacy, relatedness, creative expression, authentic community and meaningful contribution."

GREAT endorsements, such as: “Claire and Katherine are women that I myself look to for wisdom and counsel. How wonderful that their advice is available to all.”—Marianne Williamson

I'm inspired!!

Melanie