I am feeling so down.

iVillage Member
I am feeling so down.
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 2:29pm

I haven't heard a beep from the guy who I met for coffee last Friday.  I like him. Today is Thursday so if he hasn't made contact yet, he is not interested. What a bumper.

Also I am not happy at work.

The environment is too toxic. My ally is resigning and the brown noser has got this position.

My life is currently at rock bottom...

Is it the weather? I am feeling so blue nowadays. I don't want to come to work.

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 9:05pm
My boss is a controll freak. He is hot and cold. When he is nice he can be nice but when he is grumpy, he is very bad.

When he is sad, I feel bad for him but there are times when he has been very bitchy towards me and the other lady.

This new girl keeps bringing him food for breakfast and lunch.
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 9:10pm
I think you are right. I have been down lately. Last year at this time, I was very happy. I had a boyfriend back then and was very busy planning how to cook the turkey.

Maybe my dating life is dragging me down or lack of a bf. I miss having a bf.
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 9:10pm

Yep that's me in the profile pic.  And thank you =]  

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 9:20pm
I don't suck up to people too. It just happens that we like to go out and eat lunch sometimes.

That is why I don't want/like to compete with the new girl for my boss' favour. I accept defeat and let them be. Still is hurts sometimes.

There are times my boss tries to be friendly to me but I am so cold. I know his loyalty is with the other girl and I don't like opening up to him and I am very careful with what I say. I used to tell lots of things.

I was sad a while ago due to the loss of his friendship. But things can never go back to the way it was. A lot of water has gone under the bridge. My boss did some things which was blatantly unfair to me and the other lady.

You are very right, my boss does not have much respect within the company but he is very smart and the company needs him.
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 12:34pm

your situation with your boss is awkward. I was a situation  a few years back. I was never close the 'boss'. However, there was a person she was close with and this person had a problem with me. She never addressed this problem and tried to placate and was somewhat unfair to me in addressing this problem.  I'm no longer at that place, thank God. But I have no respect and will never do for this person. I actually liked and respected her secretary/administrator better (even though this person didn't have the credentials the 'boss' did). The group seemed to like the administrator better as well. People know who are good managers, who are not. People can see through all this. That's why to be a good supervisor, you must pay attention not to let your personal feeling interfere with your job.

As far as missing having a boyfriend. I had nice moments with my ex-bf as well. However, there was a lack of freedom. I think being a couple comes with lots of compromise. How much time alone and together is one aspect that need compromise. There were times when I needed to do shopping alone or be with my gf's or just talk on the phone w my gf's that I couldn't do b/c of him. There were also times when I wanted to work on the house and he wanted me to watch some dumb movie with him. I think when you're in a r/s you must negotiate things to be happy. Maybe an exchange system, ie, I watch the movie but you must help me with such and such a project.

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 1:42pm
I try to stay professional and not show my emotions. But I often have to fight back tears when it hurts.
At lunch I go for a walk to avoid seeing them such up to each other.

I feel so silo at work...I guess it is time to start looking around.
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 8:17pm

I hope you're feeling better, Lynn.  Sending you a big cyber hug. 

iVillage Member
Sat, 10-06-2012 - 9:13am

Thanks for your concern :smileyhappy:

It has been a very unsettle/rough week. Last night, I was so tired that I went to bed right after dinner.

I try not to let stress of work affect me at home but it does.

It is long weekend here so I will try to enjoy the thanksgiving feast.

iVillage Member
Sat, 10-06-2012 - 10:00am
Happy Thanksgiving!
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 3:17pm

Happy Thanksgiving!!  Hope you are enjoying it!!