I am feeling so down.

iVillage Member
I am feeling so down.
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 2:29pm

I haven't heard a beep from the guy who I met for coffee last Friday.  I like him. Today is Thursday so if he hasn't made contact yet, he is not interested. What a bumper.

Also I am not happy at work.

The environment is too toxic. My ally is resigning and the brown noser has got this position.

My life is currently at rock bottom...

Is it the weather? I am feeling so blue nowadays. I don't want to come to work.

Pages

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 5:32pm

When your job is making you miserable & becomes a toxic work environment, it's time to start looking.  My old gig became very toxic to the point where I detested coming into work because I knew as soon as I walked into that front door, it was time I go into bitch mode just to survive.  Even when I would come home at the end of the day from work, it came w/me.  I never could leave work at work and I was on-call a lot.  It got to the point where I wasn't sleeping at night and having anxiety attacks.  Eventually I started looking for another job & got hired at the place I'm at now.  It's much better and I wouldn't go back to my previous gig even if they offered me a six figure salary.  Your mental health is too important. 

As far as the guy, have you tried texting him since then?  If you have and still haven't heard back from him, then I'd keep moving forward and not give it a second thought.  It's part of the dating game.  You go on one date to test the waters and sometimes you hear back from them and sometimes you don't. 

Pages