Thursday thoughts??

Community Leader
Thursday thoughts??
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 2:45pm

The Most Outrageous, Inappropriate Kids' Halloween Costumes, Ever

Read More http://www.ivillage.com/inappropriate-kids-halloween-costumes/6-b-292260#ixzz28MDYkJcR

So what are your thoughts on these Halloween costumes???  Inappropriate or not.  Tell us what you think is appropriate for children!  

Community Leader
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 8:44am
Some of them are not too bad, I can see older boys LOVING the scary ones, and really, isn't that what the holiday is about? I don't like the pimp, wrong message that it is good lifestyle, but strangely the Al Copone type one with the girl does not bother me at all, that might be my bias, but that is a bygone era in my mind. I would thing the one with the kid football jersey and his pants down as just so racially insensitive, awful! The girls' stuff, mostly, was OK. Many skirts were too short, but I think that cheerleaders skirts are too short as well. My 18 year old is not allowed to show her bare midrif, so trust me, my 7 year old would never have been allowed. But, all the important stuff was covered.

Ramona  Mom to 2 great kids and wife to one wonderful hubby since 1990!

Community Leader
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 8:09pm

What I find so troubling is that the tween/teen costumes are so provocative.  It's so hard to find a good clean costume for this age group!

Community Leader
Sat, 10-06-2012 - 9:03pm
I made their costumes for years, and then somewhere in Junior High, they had to make their own, I would help and not, they are their own problem!!

Ramona  Mom to 2 great kids and wife to one wonderful hubby since 1990!

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-12-2012 - 12:35am
Maybe I'm too old school, but I don't like them. The girls were not what I'd allow my 11 year old to purchase. The only thing I could think of on the Child French Maid costume was "come on".
KRISTIE
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-12-2012 - 9:20am
I like some of the girly dresses at the beginning - if they were six inches longer. I don't like the bare midriffs or the devils or the scary boys costumes - but I don't like Hallowe'en in any case!

DD wants to dress up as Katniss Everdeen from The Hunger Games
Photobucket