Had my u/s today!!!

iVillage Member
Had my u/s today!!!
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 3:57pm

We had my 20 week u/s today!  it is so cool to see baby.  Most of it was a regular u/s, but they threw in a little 3D stuff too which I never had before and was really cool to see.  Baby looks very good!  All parts are there and the little guy/gal has a real thing for its hands and arms, the baby kept its hands up by its face most of the time which gave the tech some issues because with the hands over the face, the arms covered part of the chest and made it difficult to measure the heart stuff.  We think this baby is going to be a little snuggler.  I can't wait to hold him/her!!

So we said we didn't want to find out, so the plan was to just to close our eyes when she measured the legs and feet.  We did that, but when she was measuring the belly it flipped around a bit and I thought I saw some boy parts.  I am not 100% sure though.  I asked DH if he saw anything and he just smiled real big and said "Yeah, i saw your beautiful eyes"  LIAR!  :-)  I think he might have seen some boy parts too because he started talking about what a 'stud' the baby was.  So you never know, we aren't u/s techs or anything close but always fun to speculate!!

One small little concern is that the baby is measuring a week ahead and weighing in at 96 percentile for my due date.  Obviously there is room for error in these measurements so I am not too concerned but we are going to do my GD screen at my next appointment, versus waiting until I am 28 weeks.  I have my yummy glucose drink ready to go.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 6:36pm
Congrats Heidi! I can't remember what gender you were hoping for but I secretly hope it's a boy!! Were you able to make out any facial features from the 3D portion?

My LO is measuring a week ahead too but they haven't mentioned having a GD scan any earlier. I think I'd rather have it earlier just to get it over with!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 3:20pm

Well, I also mentioned that I am always thirsty so combining the two, it just makes sense to do it closer to 24 weeks (the window is 24-28 weeks).  I didn't get the impression that my doctor was overly concerned, after all 24 weeks is still 4 weeks away, just thought it would be prudent to do the test earlier rather than later.  A little annoying I have to hold on to the glucose drink for 4 weeks though.  Especially b/c my DD already saw it and thought it was orange soda and wanted it for her drink.  :-)  so now I'll have to guard it!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 3:22pm

Oh for your actual questions ;-)  We were able to make out some facial features from the 3D.  We also got a picture of its feet in 3D, it had its little legs crossed and his feet were of course right up against the uterine wall ;-)

As for what gender I was hoping for, I don't know, I switched back and forth.  When I was convinced in the 1st trimester it was a girl, I felt a little disappointed that it wasn't a boy, and now that I think it is a boy, I feel a little disappointed it isn't a girl!  They are both wonderful in their own ways.

Photobucket