Fetal Movement Check-In!

iVillage Member
Fetal Movement Check-In!
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 4:00pm

I just read 18 weeks is the week we should "start" feeling fetal movement. Of course it is great if you have already felt the baby move before the textbook date! :smileyhappy:

Since some of us are already there at 18 weeks or more, I thought it would be fun to do a Fetal Movement Check-In. =) What a great milestone!  As you feel the baby move, please come to check-in!  :smileyhappy:

~When you weren't sure if that feeling was gas or baby, what week were you?

~When did you know with all your heart the movement was your baby?

~If you have told people you have felt the baby move, have they touched your belly to try to feel the baby move themselves?  If so, how did you feel about that?

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 4:07pm

~When you weren't sure if that feeling was gas or baby, what week were you?  I thought maybe I first felt her at 14 weeks, but I never really know the difference that early. 

~When did you know with all your heart the movement was your baby?  Right at 17 weeks.  Today at 17w6d, I have felt her ALL day!  It has been great!  She is rolling around and kicking. 

~If you have told people you have felt the baby move, have they touched your belly to try to feel the baby move themselves? If so, how did you feel about that?  Yes!  My mom is the world's worst!  I have told her numerous times she can't feel the baby on the outside yet, but she still puts her hands on my belly.  Ugh.  I'm a hands off person.  Don't touch the belly! 

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 5:08pm

I've had flutters since around 14 weeks or so...

Since this is baby #4, I knew right away what I was feeling, but just in the last week or so have I felt those first little "kicks." A wonderful feeling!

~If you have told people you have felt the baby move, have they touched your belly to try to feel the baby move themselves? If so, how did you feel about that?

Only my hubby so far, which I don't mind. I am very "hands off" so later on this will bother me.
Proud mama to 3 princesses... Anna Jubilee (6), Sadie Lael, (4) and Abigail Lo
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 1:07am

I think right when I hit 15 wks.

In the past week I've definitely been able to tell when a tiny kick or movement happens, so during week 16.  But it's still few & far between, and only if I'm relaxing & paying attention!

~If you have told people you have felt the baby move, have they touched your belly to try to feel the baby move themselves? If so, how did you feel about that?

Nobody yet except my kids... but they didn't understand until I explained how they won't feel it for a while.  I don't mind people touching my belly too much.  Although definitely not fond of it with people I don't know well!

iVillage Member
Sat, 10-06-2012 - 9:18am

~When you weren't sure if that feeling was gas or baby, what week were you? I think around week 14

~When did you know with all your heart the movement was your baby? Last Saturday (last day of week 17 the baby gave me some real good flutters down low while I was registering at BRU.  Haha....I was thinking that it must be a girl and she's already excited about shopping :smileylol:

~If you have told people you have felt the baby move, have they touched your belly to try to feel the baby move themselves?  If so, how did you feel about that? I've received a few quick belly pats from family members but no one trying to feel the baby move yet.  It doesn't bother me to have my tummy touched when I'm pg though.

BabyName Ticker
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-24-2012 - 1:42am

between 9weeks and 14 weeks

This week! Week 17

I haven't told anyone but dh. I don't care if someone touches my belly though. Just don't get annoying with it.