Breast Reduction Happiness or Woes?

iVillage Member
Breast Reduction Happiness or Woes?
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 4:21pm

Hi Everyone!

We all talk about how wonderful it was to have the reduction and/or to be getting one. Of all you ladies out there who have been on the boards or are new ~ do you have any regrets, are you scared, how do you look/feel?

It really is a major decision in your life. Some look upon it as truly cosmetic. For me, it saved my life. Mentally and definitely physically. But the decision did not come quick or easy. I pondered it for years, was frightened of the thought. But my wonderful gyno doctor helped me and then the surgeon, they both quelled my fears and made me anxious and excited.

5 years later I don't have a single regret, except maybe that I waited so long! But I have heard stories over the years of ladies, (not many) who had bad experiences or just wish maybe they had been better informed or a different doctor.

I would love to hear from anyone who has a story to tell. It may help a newbie with a decision.

Thanks! And happy Fall!!

Nancy :smileyhappy:

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-07-2013 - 6:02am

post op day 5-Whine fest has started. Hard itchy breast tissue. Compression bras that bind. And sleep has eluded me. I stopped Endocet 2 days ago due to vivid, frightening dreams & controling pain with acetaminophren 1000mg 3 times a day. The shock and grief of surgery occured post op day 2 when I got my first look at incisions. Still a little surprised at my husband's reaction (I no lomger let him see the incisions). Just wondering if this is where I should me mentally? Also, any advice on Compression bras that don"t try to severe me rib cage?