Almost 35 week appointment

iVillage Member
Almost 35 week appointment
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 4:38pm

I had so many questions today because I've been having all kinds of aches and pains and after all those questions, I forgot to ask about the brownish-tinted mucus discharge I had a few days ago!!  I also had been up since 3am this morning, completely sleepless, so I'm not really thinking straight today.  I need to pick up Tylenol PM today, recommended by the doctor for insomnia.  The doctor told me the baby was measuring large and that I might have to have a growth ultrasound in the next couple of weeks when I come back, depending on how big I measure next time.  He is down LOOOOOOW.  She didn't tell me how low, but I already knew he was.  I have been feeling his shoulders in the crease between my hip and leg at night.  He really lodges the shoulders in that area and makes it really uncomfortable to sleep.  I didn't think his shoulders could be that low, but that's the explanation the doctor gave me.  I just wonder then, where is his head?  Obviously in my pelvis, but if the shoulders are so low, how is his head even lower?  Kind of scary!  I go in for NST and group B strep test next time (and maybe ultrasound?).

I just have a weird feeling this kid's not going to last in there until Halloween.  I'm not placing bets, but it just seems hard to believe he'll be able to stay in there for five more weeks.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pages

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 5:48pm

Oh, I so hope to have an October baby! Not that I want him to be a preemie or anything, but if he'd come right at 38 weeks, he'd be born on the 30th. Can we just send them a little eviction notice in there? Lol!

I have to write down all of my questions before I go in, or I forget every one. I'm a total twit in the doctors office! At least you remembered to ask some questions! I can't wait to hear how your next appointment goes!

theresa-2.gif picture by forceps40

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 5:49pm

Well I can tell you what my doc said today about the pinkage that I had last week.  Mine was just lightly pink, gone after the second wipe and then I didn't have any more. I had no cramping or pain and hadn't had it since then.  She said it was normal.  She said not to worry about it unless I had blood, like a period.  She said mine came from outside my cervix and was no big deal, completely normal.  Not sure if that helps you any being a different color.  But I did ask her at what point should I come in or call.  And she said contractions 5 minutes apart for an hour, blood like that of a period or leaking fluid. 

Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 6:51pm
hopes4little1 wrote:

I just have a weird feeling this kid's not going to last in there until Halloween.  I'm not placing bets, but it just seems hard to believe he'll be able to stay in there for five more weeks.

If we follow suit with the Oct EC board there will be a flood of babies in a few weeks - here's hoping I am one of them :smileyhappy:

Proud Mom to Annika (4), Jamie (3), and 4 angels. Anxiously awaiting Baby #3!
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 7:35pm
Tabigale wrote:

If we follow suit with the Oct EC board there will be a flood of babies in a few weeks - here's hoping I am one of them :smileyhappy:

Meee tooo!!!

theresa-2.gif picture by forceps40

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 7:36pm
I don't wanna. You ladies go right ahead. :-)
Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 11:31am
I wouldn't either if due date was late November. This one can come anytime he wants after 10/24. He should be full term. 38 1/2 weeks was ideal last time around. DD was not too big, but just big enough. I was much more comfortable when preggers with her late in the pregnancy.
Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 11:46am

I just need mine to wait until after Nov 10 since DH will be out of town.  But I need her to not come on Nov 30...that's her big brother's birthday and I don't think he'd want to share his day.  Well, in a few years it won't matter.  But for the next 2 years...he won't be up for sharing.  lol  He's already commented that she'll get his presents.  He'll be 14 this year.  Last year, he wanted us to have a baby on his birthday...be careful what you wish for.  :smileyhappy:

Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 1:51pm
Isn't that frustrating when you have questions and then forget to ask them! I hate that. If you are still having it and wondering about it, I would call the office and talk to the nurse.

My little guy is also measuring big (he is 2 weeks ahead, my uterus is 3 weeks ahead), and he is also so low. I think he has his hands up by his head because sometimes it feels like he is tickling my thighs, it is the strangest feeling!

Sounds like your little guy has big shoulders! Good luck wit the growth scan! Maybe his head is tucked in a bit, like his chin is touching his chest? I know mine just feels like he has balled himself up right on my cervix, as tight as can be!
Rachel Mom to five great kiddos and one angel in heaven (MC @ 9 weeks) Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 1:57pm
Tabigale wrote:

Theresa wrote: Meee tooo!!!

Not me! But that's great for you ladies! Not that I wouldn't like my body back, but I have never liked Halloween and don't want a Halloween baby. But, that said, I do think I will go early and hope I can make it to at least Oct. 25, if not Nov. 1st. If I make it to Nov. 9 (39 1/2 weeks), this will be my longest pg.
Rachel Mom to five great kiddos and one angel in heaven (MC @ 9 weeks) Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 3:30pm

I eternally forget to ask questions - today I had to take DD with me and she distracted everyone so much that I only got about half of my questions out. 

KUP on that growth U/S - I'm sure we're going to see a few Oct babies!!

Jules - Happily married and Momma to DS, DD and expecting our Caboose Baby 11/24/2012

Pages