Almost 35 week appointment

iVillage Member
Almost 35 week appointment
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 4:38pm

I had so many questions today because I've been having all kinds of aches and pains and after all those questions, I forgot to ask about the brownish-tinted mucus discharge I had a few days ago!!  I also had been up since 3am this morning, completely sleepless, so I'm not really thinking straight today.  I need to pick up Tylenol PM today, recommended by the doctor for insomnia.  The doctor told me the baby was measuring large and that I might have to have a growth ultrasound in the next couple of weeks when I come back, depending on how big I measure next time.  He is down LOOOOOOW.  She didn't tell me how low, but I already knew he was.  I have been feeling his shoulders in the crease between my hip and leg at night.  He really lodges the shoulders in that area and makes it really uncomfortable to sleep.  I didn't think his shoulders could be that low, but that's the explanation the doctor gave me.  I just wonder then, where is his head?  Obviously in my pelvis, but if the shoulders are so low, how is his head even lower?  Kind of scary!  I go in for NST and group B strep test next time (and maybe ultrasound?).

I just have a weird feeling this kid's not going to last in there until Halloween.  I'm not placing bets, but it just seems hard to believe he'll be able to stay in there for five more weeks.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 12:04pm
I already have an October 29 baby and her favorite holiday is Halloween. We've had two Halloween birthday parties already. She loves being a nearly Halloween baby, but I understand if some people don't like the holiday as much. My doctor was telling me that the three days that are least popular for scheduled C-sections are Halloween, April Fool's day and September 11th.
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 11:24am
Definitely will KYP. Depending on how I feel today, I might call in to request an appointment this week. The pressure below my bikini line has been pretty constant and I have a dull lower back ache with some irregular contractions off and on. My body is probably just getting ready, but it makes me nervous because DH is going out of town next week for work. Last pregnancy he was out of town when early labor started, but made it back in time for active labor/birth because I went in for a check and the midwife thought I'd be giving birth within the next 48 hours. Thank goodness for her candidness and that I went in and got checked!!
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 10:13pm
mommy2moz wrote:
I do like the idea of having my body back, but I'll be nursing and I never feel like my body is my own anyway :smileytongue:

I was just talking to DH about this the other night.  It's hard to feel like yourself when you're nursing in some ways - especially when it comes to those "husband and wife ways."  His response: "I don't care if you leak.  What's a little leak?" 

OH. MAH. GAW.  Men.

Jules - Happily married and Momma to DS, DD and expecting our Caboose Baby 11/24/2012

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 4:52pm

Yeah, I'm not worried at all about October 30th or 31st... not that I want a Halloween baby, but I'll be 38 weeks by then and not at all worried about his development. I do like the idea of having my body back, but I'll be nursing and I never feel like my body is my own anyway :smileytongue:

theresa-2.gif picture by forceps40

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 3:52pm
momof5-9406 wrote:
Tabigale wrote:

If we follow suit with the Oct EC board there will be a flood of babies in a few weeks - here's hoping I am one of them :smileyhappy:

Theresa wrote: Meee tooo!!!

Not me! But that's great for you ladies! Not that I wouldn't like my body back, but I have never liked Halloween and don't want a Halloween baby. But, that said, I do think I will go early and hope I can make it to at least Oct. 25, if not Nov. 1st. If I make it to Nov. 9 (39 1/2 weeks), this will be my longest pg.
I hope your LO, and all the mid to late Nov bubs, holds on in there! Both my girls were a fair size - 8lbs8oz at 38 and 39 weeks and neither of them felt as large as this guy. I truly hope my guy waits 2 more weeks to 38 wks so that he is less likely to need any time in the NICU. At this point it isn't as much that I want my body back as it is that his size and maturity no longer concern me and he doesn't feel like he will stay much longer but that may be wishful thinking. He is truly a pain in my butt now :smileyhappy:

Proud Mom to Annika (4), Jamie (3), and 4 angels. Anxiously awaiting Baby #3!
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 3:30pm

I eternally forget to ask questions - today I had to take DD with me and she distracted everyone so much that I only got about half of my questions out. 

KUP on that growth U/S - I'm sure we're going to see a few Oct babies!!

Jules - Happily married and Momma to DS, DD and expecting our Caboose Baby 11/24/2012

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 1:57pm
Tabigale wrote:

If we follow suit with the Oct EC board there will be a flood of babies in a few weeks - here's hoping I am one of them :smileyhappy:

Theresa wrote: Meee tooo!!!

Not me! But that's great for you ladies! Not that I wouldn't like my body back, but I have never liked Halloween and don't want a Halloween baby. But, that said, I do think I will go early and hope I can make it to at least Oct. 25, if not Nov. 1st. If I make it to Nov. 9 (39 1/2 weeks), this will be my longest pg.
Rachel Mom to five great kiddos and one angel in heaven (MC @ 9 weeks) Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 1:51pm
Isn't that frustrating when you have questions and then forget to ask them! I hate that. If you are still having it and wondering about it, I would call the office and talk to the nurse.

My little guy is also measuring big (he is 2 weeks ahead, my uterus is 3 weeks ahead), and he is also so low. I think he has his hands up by his head because sometimes it feels like he is tickling my thighs, it is the strangest feeling!

Sounds like your little guy has big shoulders! Good luck wit the growth scan! Maybe his head is tucked in a bit, like his chin is touching his chest? I know mine just feels like he has balled himself up right on my cervix, as tight as can be!
Rachel Mom to five great kiddos and one angel in heaven (MC @ 9 weeks) Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 11:46am

I just need mine to wait until after Nov 10 since DH will be out of town.  But I need her to not come on Nov 30...that's her big brother's birthday and I don't think he'd want to share his day.  Well, in a few years it won't matter.  But for the next 2 years...he won't be up for sharing.  lol  He's already commented that she'll get his presents.  He'll be 14 this year.  Last year, he wanted us to have a baby on his birthday...be careful what you wish for.  :smileyhappy:

Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 11:31am
I wouldn't either if due date was late November. This one can come anytime he wants after 10/24. He should be full term. 38 1/2 weeks was ideal last time around. DD was not too big, but just big enough. I was much more comfortable when preggers with her late in the pregnancy.

Pages