Is there something wrong with me :-(

iVillage Member
Is there something wrong with me :-(
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 5:17pm

Hey ladies, sorry to be a Debbie Downer today, maybe I'm having one of those mood swings pregnancy is none for, but someone just said to me that I'm starting to "look like" somebody's momma. They went on to explain that it's just the pregnancy and the way that I'm carrying myself for example how I talk to/treat my students. I don't know why but it really hurt my feelings. Like how do I "look" like someones mom? I was already feeling frumpy and disgusting.....this just made it worse :-(

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 5:26pm

Awwww...I'm sure they meant it in a positive way!  Maybe they noticed your nurturing side really coming through lately and meant it in that respect.  

I saw your baby bump picture and you sure don't look frumpy in any way....you're one hip mama!!!  :smileyhappy:

BabyName Ticker
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 9:16pm

I agree with Dani, too.  :smileyhappy: 

Here's a (((Hug)))! 

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 11:56pm

Try not to take it personally, some people just say things that don't make any sense!  And I agree with the others... you look super cute in your picture!!

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 11:17am

Thanks everyone! I was probably just being super sensitive at the moment. My husband claims thats been happening alot lately. Lol! I spend alot of time (and money) trying to keep myself up. I'm the type of person that gets fully dressed to go grocery shopping, so anything about my appearance I tend to take super personal.

I guess I should'e taken it as a compliment. After all...I AM someones mom :smileyhappy: