Can't remember pdoc appointments:(

iVillage Member
Can't remember pdoc appointments:(
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 5:58pm

Hi folks.  I don't know if you regulars knew, but I was recently in the hospital.  I was discharged very quickly, and I went back to my regular life of work etc., jumping right in partially out of fear I would lose my day job if I didn't (see old posts.)  Mostly, I am doing what needs doing save for one thing.  I have yet to have my followup appointment with my pdoc.  So far, I have had two or three appointments made for me and then fully intended to go, only to forget about it maybe as little as an hour before the appointment.  To me, this is an indication that my mind is not working correctly yet, because this is not typical behavior for me.

I'm scared, because my last chance for an appointment is in two weeks.  Anything could happen.  I have written the appointment on two calendars, and asked my husband to help me remember.  I know this is not failsafe.  So, maybe you could help me.  On the morning of Oct. 18th, could you flood my inbox with private emails reminding me of my appointment?  Maybe if I am reminded over and over again, I will go.  The appointment is at twelve noon EDT.  If I miss this one, my pdoc may drop me.  I cannot afford for that to happen.

TIA,

Beth "Petrouchka"

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-07-2012 - 8:10am
trouchflute wrote:
I'm scared, because my last chance for an appointment is in two weeks.  Anything could happen.  I have written the appointment on two calendars, and asked my husband to help me remember.  I know this is not failsafe.  So, maybe you could help me.  On the morning of Oct. 18th, could you flood my inbox with private emails reminding me of my appointment?  Maybe if I am reminded over and over again, I will go.  The appointment is at twelve noon EDT.  If I miss this one, my pdoc may drop me.  I cannot afford for that to happen.

Beth, that is really scary.  Do you have a cell phone that sents alerts?  I have found that works best for me.  Also a close friend that can call you?  If you forget an hour before the appointment, you need something to remind you during that hour.