We see all these articles and pictures of "Man Caves"......

iVillage Member
We see all these articles and pictures of "Man Caves"......
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 9:03pm

That's all fine and dandy.  I'm so glad that they have their own space.  Does this mean that the woman gets the rest of the house?  I know that in my house, our kids seem to take over every room and I even have to sweep them out our room from time to time.  (It's where the second tv is.)

So what would your "Woman Cave" contain if you could have one?

Pages

iVillage Member

LOL I have to laugh at "Woman Cave". Mine would have a very comfy sectional couch with one of those reclined sections. I'm thinking something in fur. I want hard wood floors and a big bay window on one side with a window seat. Also a large screen tv, brand new computer on completely clean computer station, a mini fridge, and microwave. I'd have gloriously green plants everywhere.

Brenda

iVillage Member

Oh gosh... a woman cave would be heavenly! And one day, I WILL have one! LOL

When I do, it will be wall to wall bookshelves with a comfy little reading nook. Maybe a small wall mounted TV and a compact desk where I can use my laptop. Oh... and a stereo; can't forget the music! I'd love a nice big windowseat, too. And on huge big deadbolt on the door, so I could ensure my privacy! LOL

iVillage Member

I love the idea of a completely clean area for the computer.  Everybody in my house uses my computer desk to store toys, papers, wiring for their electronic equipment, etc.....

iVillage Member

Deadbolt on the door is a definite HAVE!  LOL

I love the idea of the bookshelves.  I love to read and I'd love to have an overstuffed chair to go with those book cases so that I could sit back, relax and read in comfort.

iVillage Member
southern_style wrote:

Oh gosh... a woman cave would be heavenly! And one day, I WILL have one! LOL

When I do, it will be wall to wall bookshelves with a comfy little reading nook. Maybe a small wall mounted TV and a compact desk where I can use my laptop. Oh... and a stereo; can't forget the music! I'd love a nice big windowseat, too. And on huge big deadbolt on the door, so I could ensure my privacy! LOL

Oh yeah --- and someone to reshelve books for me when they start to pile up on the floor?

I have a few "woman caves" of my own but then DH has his places and we on't have kids so it's not so hard. There's my bedroom (with stitching lamp, iPad on WIFI, tv and DVR), my office (wall to wall books and a computer on a desk, which is in chaos and never used because it's never been fully unpacked and one of these days...) and my craft space (more chaos but useable, with the occasional clean-up binge to clear some working sapce).

iVillage Member
krbh2001 wrote:

Deadbolt on the door is a definite HAVE!  LOL

I love the idea of the bookshelves.  I love to read and I'd love to have an overstuffed chair to go with those book cases so that I could sit back, relax and read in comfort.

I've got an overstuffed chair that was my mom's, just waiting to be recovered. My kids refer to it as "mom's retirement center" and they're probably pretty much on the money with that! :smileywink: Just surround it by filled bookshelves and I'm all set! LOL

Community Leader

My Den is my "woman cave", aka Nana's 'Oom, aka "In THERE still"...

I would add a skylight and 6-8 sq. feet-the rocking chair and best painting are in the living room.

I would redo the library and add another desk.

Photobucket
Community Leader

My "woman cave" contains my 'puter, my stereo, an easy chair with footstool, book shelves, and other tons of stuff. It is MY room and no one bothers me when I'm in here. It's quiet and comfy.

Photobucket
iVillage Member

LOL  about the reshelving. 

Jealous here.  I'm lucky if my kids stay out of just our bedroom.

iVillage Member

Sounds heavenly to me.   Do you have any plans to recover the chair soon?

Pages