We see all these articles and pictures of "Man Caves"......

iVillage Member
We see all these articles and pictures of "Man Caves"......
Thu, 10-04-2012 - 9:03pm

That's all fine and dandy.  I'm so glad that they have their own space.  Does this mean that the woman gets the rest of the house?  I know that in my house, our kids seem to take over every room and I even have to sweep them out our room from time to time.  (It's where the second tv is.)

So what would your "Woman Cave" contain if you could have one?

Pages

iVillage Member

Okay, I love how this fireplace is flanked with the book shelves.  The only thing I don't like is the tile.  I'd replace the tile with river stone or brick.  I love the windows and the color of the walls.  I'd change the window dressings to a sheer or balloon shade with a stripe print that would be reflected in the furniture.  I'd also place my flat screen tv above the fireplace.

This chair and ottoman is beautiful.  But I'd want it in a soft yellow, pink, orange print (preferrably floral).  And a sofa for watching tv or just resting my eyes.  LOL  Some side tables with character like these but in a lighter shade.  I'd love to have a a simple desk, again in a lighter shade to go with the room, along with a simple credenza to put my projects in.  And some distictive lamps in colors that would go with the room.

And don't forget the deadbolt.  LOL

Community Leader

I think the skylight will come very soon-sooner than expected.  Then I'm just going to spend time enjoying it before I make any more changes. The dogs also will have to get use to the change in lighting.

One of the dogs-'Rhett's cave' is under the desk. It took him a while to recoup from the last time I was in the hospital-DH said he would sit and whine. He still wakes and paces the house, looking for me at 3am if I'm not in bed. Scheherazade sleeps in the overstuffed chair when I'm on the computer, she's too old for me to get fussy having decorated the space with a Queen Ann recliner.

Photobucket
iVillage Member

Karen, as we get older we actually do require more light to see but I need the good lighting for painting. 

I like when  fireplace is flanked with built-in bookshelves.  It looks like it is finished and belongs to me.  I love that chair and ottoman.  My mom has the best side tables they are similar to this in style but mom's are in a nice cherry wood color and are fancier.  I think they are very very old.  That is one cool lamp.   I can never find cool lamps when I am looking for one but lo and behold if I buy a lamp then I see all the cool ones. 

siggy line

Pages