betrayed and lied to

iVillage Member
betrayed and lied to
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 4:54am

hi all...

a rather complex story here....bit hard to know where to start. been with partnerfor 5 years....i betrayed him and met someone else once, but he found out and i told himabout it. a year and a bit down the line, he then leaves me and our 2 yr old, and i am preganant with number 2 ...he says it coz he couldnt cope with it no more,,,but then i find out he was texting someone the week before he left. he was left for about 3 months, in that time he had met up with this girl lots if times, slpet together,,,but he claims that there was nothing going on. i cant help but think that he left for someone else and used what i had done as an excuse to get out to meet this other girl.....he came back when baby was born.....its hard going, all these things are in my head constantly, just wpndering if there any one alse who gone through this

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 8:13am
Me and my ex husband had this happen without kids. I cheated on him and i did tell him but we stayed together then he told me he couldn't take it anymore so i had to leave...come to find out he was already talking to other girls before anything. It could be your guy used what you did to justify what he was doing or he just couldn't take it anymore. If he came back and is staying then sit down and ask him about it ...or i would look into it and see if he is still talking to others. If he doesn't stay then just let it go...we all make mistakes but if someone really loves you they will still stay with you.I really hope that didn't come out to be rude if it did i am really sorry. I wish you the best
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 8:49am
Or it could be he simply couldn't get past your betrayal. As you will sadly soon learn it takes years to get over a betrayal and rebuild. I m almost.2 years passed our biggest D-day and there are days I robert if I still want to do it. I would suggest you both get in canceling FAST to determine if you both even want to make it work.
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 4:30pm

I agree with elmosmom,  counseling would probably help both of you.

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 7:17pm
*wonder not robert???
iVillage Member
Sat, 10-06-2012 - 8:49am

Were you typing on your phone?  The auto-correct function provides some strange substitutions.