Anyone else taking Reglan???

iVillage Member
Anyone else taking Reglan???
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 5:59am

I am trying everything under the sun to increase my milk supply it literally takes me a whole day to pump a 2oz bottle which is disappointing because I planned on breastfeeding only. I saw my lactation nurse about a week ago she had my doctor put in a script for Reglan but it still hasn't increased much, I leak more now but that's about it makes me want to cry. I guess I can't expect too much since I had a breast reduction a year ago today some days are better than others I even have a medela lactina breast pump....sigh

BabyFetus Ticker
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 7:55am

I don't have any experience with Reglan.  I just wanted to offer hugs and let you know that your dd is one lucky little lady to have such a determined Mama.  Good luck, hon!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 11:38am

I tried Fenugreek....Purchased at GNC...and Regaln BOTH times I breastfed. They BOTH failed me. I only got a good milk supply for my babies for about 3 weeks...then I dried up.

Good luck..... I never had any! LOL

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 4:40pm
My daily regimen for milk starts first thing in the morning after baby wakes up as following: breastfeed Zoe both sides for a total of 20-30 mins, then take my morning concoction which includes prenatal vitamin, fenugreek x3, blessed thistle x2, reglan x1, then I pump about 30-45 mins later no matter how much I get out I pump 10mins each side with massage and warm compresses...midday I take blessed thistle x2, fenugreek x3 & reglan x1 & pump again, I breastfeed about every 2-3hrs then evening same pill make up minus the blessed thistle. then pump again 30-45 mins later. With all that pumping I only make a 2oz bottle maybe 3 if I am lucky and give it to Zoe at bedtime mixed with 2oz of formula. So with all that pumping and breastfeeding Zoe still manages to eat 4-6oz bottles every 1.5-2.5hrs. My little one eats more than I can produce so I supplement regularly, it's so tiring now I wish I never had the reduction until I was done having children :-( I am going to keep trying until I go back to work 11/20, Zoe sometimes just likes to use my nipples as a pacifier so no matter how warm the bottle is she just wants to suckle and it's the only thing that can calm little fussy down.
 BabyFetus Ticker